Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clark Given Qualifying Offer



Clark
(June 28, 2002) --- The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have made a qualifying offer to restricted free-agent forward/centre Keon Clark. Under the rules of the collective bargaining agreement, Clark would have become an unrestricted free agent July 1 had the Raptors not tendered an offer.

As a restricted free agent, Clark can receive contract offers from other teams, but the Raptors have the right to match and retain his services.

Clark, a four-year NBA veteran, averaged a career-best 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds during the 2001-02 season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
I am really interested in what is about to unfold with this organization. If Clark leaves we can see GG pulling off some moves to get us some front court depth.

If Clark decides to stay with the Raptors, then we will see a newly rejuvenated team with possibly a second scoring option?

No matter what does happen, we will just wait and see what the Raps can actually do this offseason. Will they pull off any more moves?! If we started the season today our lineup I think would look like this

PG-Hunter
SG-Williams
SF-VC
PF-AD
C-Keon

Bench

JYD
Jeffries
Mo Pete
Montross
Mama??
JJ

who knows whats gonna happen?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree sime with one thing you pointed out in this post.

PG-Hunter
SG-Williams
SF-VC
PF-AD
C-Keon

Me and you had the discussion about Vince being better at sf or sg. I really dont think MOP will be on the teams starting lineup because they need a spark off the bench. Can you imagine once Vince and Alvin go to sit down MOP and Jeffries go to work.

Only problem is playing Hunter and Alvin at the same time means no point guards on the bench unless they re-sign Jermaine Jackson or do something in the FA market (unlikely if they re-sign Keon no $$$)

A 2nd line bech of

Jackson
MOP
Jefferies
JYD
Montross

Can compete with teams infact I think that lineup straight up is better then some 1st line teams lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
They will sign JJ for the minimum. I know we were arguing but that was before Hunter rolled into town. We still don't know what will happen but in the beginning of the year Vince will continue to play SG because Alvin should miss a week or so recovering from his surgery and getting back into shape etc.

Im not that excited about the lineup. I mean there are some strong points, but I hope this team performs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lets put this team up against the best of the East

New Jersey

Maccolugh vs Clark
Martin vs AD
Van Horn vs MOP
Kittles vs Vince
Kidd vs Alvin

Tell me who you think the better team is on paper DUH just look at that.

Dont forget sime we never saw this linup at it's best. Hakeem started half the season which killed us. Mop broke his finger for 6 weeks. Vince Carter missed the last 20 games and Alvin played the whole season 50%. We have yet to seen this lineup all together for more then 3 weeks. (now that is scary)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
Well lets put this team up against the best of the East

New Jersey

Maccolugh vs Clark
Martin vs AD
Van Horn vs MOP
Kittles vs Vince
Kidd vs Alvin

Tell me who you think the better team is on paper DUH just look at that.

Dont forget sime we never saw this linup at it's best. Hakeem started half the season which killed us. Mop broke his finger for 6 weeks. Vince Carter missed the last 20 games and Alvin played the whole season 50%. We have yet to seen this lineup all together for more then 3 weeks. (now that is scary)
ok im gonna take the two teams and compare them...

Maccolugh vs Clark - Tie Also - Clark is big and explosive but Clark is smaller than than TMac
Martin vs AD - Tie - AD is good but Martin is improving big time and he is starting to show his worth.
Van Horn vs MOP - Advantage Van Horn
Kittles vs Vince - Advantage Vince
Kidd vs Alvin - Advantage Kidd

overall its 2-1-2 for New Jersey...

soooo even if that lineup goes out, they will still lose to NJN, IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you tied Macolugh and Clark you should watch some video tapes my friend. Macolugh has one inch more on keon.

Keon is the better.

Shooter
Rebounder
Passer
Blocker
Faster
better dribbler
offesively gifted

Ok your turn what does Todd beat Keon in?

Ridiculous I was sure you knew a little more then that I hope that was a typo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
If you tied Macolugh and Clark you should watch some video tapes my friend. Macolugh has one inch more on keon.

Keon is the better.

Shooter
Rebounder
Passer
Blocker
Faster
better dribbler
offesively gifted

Ok your turn what does Todd beat Keon in?

Ridiculous I was sure you knew a little more then that I hope that was a typo
i meant defensively tmac would be able to hold his own against keon. and i meant tmac is bigger size wise. ie bulky weight.

i said tie also because even though keon will bring down his 13 ppg and 7 rpg Tmac will bring down 9-10 with 8 rebs...keon may win....but i mean overall....

Rebounder - how so? Tmac can get a rebound over Keon
Passer - Maybe...thats arguable because Tmac usually passes out of the post, while Clark usually doesn't
Blocker - I guess so yes
Faster - Obviously
better dribbler - Who cares if he is a better dribbler? is he gonna take tmac 1 on 1 street court challenge? i mean its an NBA game.
offesively gifted - Because he can dunk? i dont see keon consistently making a 15 foot shot!?

you make valid points, but people think Tmac is useless. not true. I'm not arguing the fact that Keon IS better than Tmac overall I just think in a game situation it would be even no matter what....even if there is a 1 pt, 2 pt, 5 pt difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really hope you dont want to have this argument because I will embaress you, if your serious about this. I wish their was someone other then me and you to discuss this but all the Raps fans seem to be sleeping.

Nevertheless


Rebounder - how so? Tmac can get a rebound over Keon
Sime do you think Tmac can get the rebound over Keon

1) It's called over the back it would be a foul first of all
2) Tmac is 1 INCH taller big deal. Who jumps probably twice as high to get the rebound hmmmm answer Keon
3) Keon averaged more rebounds

better dribbler - Who cares if he is a better dribbler? is he gonna take tmac 1 on 1 street court challenge? i mean its an NBA game.
sime have you ever heard if an isolated play? Keon takes 5 steps back and clears everyone out. Croses Macolough over spins by him and dunks it's that easy. Dribbling is very important for isolated plays which Keon does alot maybe you have never noticed.

offesively gifted - Because he can dunk? i dont see keon consistently making a 15 foot shot!?
This is what you do. Rewind your brain back about a month and a half and watch the Detroit series to tell me if Keon can hit a 15 foot jumper. Better yet think back to the last 15 games of the season and tell me if Keon can shoot. Offensively gifted means Keon can shoot, create off drible, 1 on 1 and of course dunk.

BTW I have never seen TMAC hit a a 15 foot shot. Most points come off Kids dishes down lo and put backs.

I know im a little tough on you but people who think im rude me and sime know each other quite well from are posts and we just like ripping each other back and forth peace.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
First off, go and embarrass me if you please, but i support my argument and I will stick to it. I did agree to you that Keon is better than Tmac. But in a GAME situation AGAINST THE NEW JERSEY NETS I think the overall matchup with Clark against Tmac would be a tie.

Originally posted by JUNKIE
I really hope you dont want to have this argument because I will embaress you, if your serious about this. I wish their was someone other then me and you to discuss this but all the Raps fans seem to be sleeping.

Nevertheless




Sime do you think Tmac can get the rebound over Keon

1) It's called over the back it would be a foul first of all.
--- Same With Keon, With Tmac Getting position under the net and boxing out Tmac will pull out the rebound.
2) Tmac is 1 INCH taller big deal. Who jumps probably twice as high to get the rebound hmmmm answer Keon
=== I never made a big deal about Tmacs height. Keon can jump as high as he wants but as long as Tmac has good positioning he has a fair chance at getting the rebound, unless it takes an awkward bounce off the rim.
3) Keon averaged more rebounds - True. I can't disagree with that and I'm not going to. but 1 rebound isn't that much to me.



sime have you ever heard if an isolated play? Keon takes 5 steps back and clears everyone out. Croses Macolough over spins by him and dunks it's that easy. Dribbling is very important for isolated plays which Keon does alot maybe you have never noticed.
---We have something called ZONE defense nowadays. Such things as perimeter defense etc. All those players crowd in and help eachother as well, making it harder for Keon to get to the basket.

This is what you do. Rewind your brain back about a month and a half and watch the Detroit series to tell me if Keon can hit a 15 foot jumper. Better yet think back to the last 15 games of the season and tell me if Keon can shoot. Offensively gifted means Keon can shoot, create off drible, 1 on 1 and of course dunk.
===Ok I rewinded it back, all the jumpers I remember Keon hitting were just outside the paint making it around a 7 footer. I never really saw him shoot close to the foul line all that much. Buddy I know what offensively gifted means, and I'm not doubting Keon on it, but my argument is that TMAC could hold his ground against Keon.

BTW I have never seen TMAC hit a a 15 foot shot. Most points come off Kids dishes down lo and put backs.
--- I have, have you seen a Nets game? Just because he didn't do it in the playoffs doesn't mean he can't hit the shot. Numerous times during the season I saw him hit the 15 ft j. It's not my fault you didn't.

I know im a little tough on you but people who think im rude me and sime know each other quite well from are posts and we just like ripping each other back and forth peace.

:)
Further leading to my final point. Usually if the two teams were to meet up, Keon would NOT guard TMAC and vice versa. Every game that the two teams played last season AD played to Tmac and Keon usually played on Martin. Of course they switched up...but im generally speaking, so we both made a mistake with that.

Keep yappin bout Keon. I told you sooooooo many times that I think he is better than TMAC, but as i said Tmac would be able to hold his ground against Keon.

AND IM TALKIN DEFENSE! DEFENSE. i for sure know that keon is better offensively....but my point is tmac would do good on keon even if he is faster etc....
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by sime
I am really interested in what is about to unfold with this organization. If Clark leaves we can see GG pulling off some moves to get us some front court depth.

If Clark decides to stay with the Raptors, then we will see a newly rejuvenated team with possibly a second scoring option?

No matter what does happen, we will just wait and see what the Raps can actually do this offseason. Will they pull off any more moves?! If we started the season today our lineup I think would look like this

PG-Hunter
SG-Williams
SF-VC
PF-AD
C-Keon

Bench

JYD
Jeffries
Mo Pete
Montross
Mama??
JJ

who knows whats gonna happen?!
No way Hunter starts. The Raptors said that in Hunter they got a quality back-up PG. Their lineup will be:

Alvin Williams
Vince Carter
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Hakeem Olajuwon or Keon Clark
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by sime
chris looks like jared in this pic! he looks awfully similar to him.



at least in my eyes
Before I saw that their last names are spelled differently...I thought that they were brothers.:yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by The X Factor


No way Hunter starts. The Raptors said that in Hunter they got a quality back-up PG. Their lineup will be:

Alvin Williams
Vince Carter
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Hakeem Olajuwon or Keon Clark
Hakeem Olajuwon wont even be the 2nd backup so take him out of that lineup.

If Jeffries proves to be a solid defender in training camp He will start over MOP because we have no scorers coming off the bench.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top