Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (AP) -- Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers won the NL Cy Young Award in a runaway Thursday.

Kershaw received 27 of 32 first-place votes, five seconds and two thirds for 207 points in voting by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

"I always dreamed about playing in the big leagues. I never dreamed about doing anything special in the big leagues. I don't think any kid ever does," Kershaw said. "The people I'm now associated with, just by having this award, is something that I never thought would ever happen."

Philadelphia's Roy Halladay, last year's winner, was second with four first-place votes, 21 seconds and seven thirds for 133 points. Phillies teammate Cliff Lee was third with 90 points, followed by Arizona's Ian Kennedy with 76 points.

"Whenever you have a Cy Young next to your name, there's going to be expectations that go along with it," Kershaw said. "Whenever I look at a pitcher and I see that he's won a Cy Young Award, I think, you know, this guy, he better be good. And that's what I hope to be. I hope people have that expectation for me."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/baseball/mlb/11/17/nl.cy.young.kershaw.halladay.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a6&eref=sihp

I thought this was already posted; guess not. Well deserved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts