Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been really boring around the boards lately. I figured since it seems everyone is trading for size and surprisingly players with massive deals aren't scaring teams I'd try and make one work for us. I think I might have found one.

We have 2 glaring needs. SF and C. So I tried to find a pair we could trade for who are undervalued but overpaid so we can dump ERob in the process.

We trade:
Erob $5.75
Best $3.60 (3yr deal $11.8)
Fizer $2.95
Hoiberg $1.1
Bagaric $0.9

Or a total of $14.3 mill

We get:
Illgauskas $12.4
Murray $4.1
2004 #1 pick (top 5 protected)

Or a total of $16.5 mill (14.3 * 1.15 plus .1 mill = $16.55) So it works.

After this trade we sign the versatile druggie Keon Clark to a 3yr $10.6 deal. It uses $3.2 mill of the $4.55 exception. We then use the remaining $1.35 mill to sign Erick Strickland. We sign the two second rounders and our 12 man roster is:

Williams 6'1" Crawford 6'5" Strickland 6'3"
Rose.... 6'8" Hassell 6'5" Mason 6'5"
Murray.. 6'7" Clark 6'11"
Chandler 7'1" Blount 6'10" Baxter 6'7"
Curry... 6'11" Illgauskas 7'3"

We fill in roster with another SF and another C both signed to min deals. We finally have a great group of vets to count on.

I know, I know, but Illgauskas would be the BEST backup bigman in the league. He's huge and a good rebounder/shot blocker. He plays his 22mpg and gets paid a ton, but guess what we could really use his help for the 65 games or whatever he plays. He has 3 years left on his contract ending exactly when we would need the money for Tyson and Eddy. Plus Z is still only 27 years old! Lamond Murray is a real starter and is dirt cheap. Regardless you have to admit it makes us a much better, much more experienced team and if teams attack Curry like they did last year we have a low post big to replace him with. And you don't get much bigger or better than Z in the league.

I think the trade adds 10 wins.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Turn!

Chicago trades: C Dalibor Bagaric (3.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.8 minutes)
PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 20.9 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.5 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Adonal Foyle (4.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18.8 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -6.0 ppg, +9.2 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Golden State trades: C Adonal Foyle (4.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18.8 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Golden State receives: C Dalibor Bagaric (3.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 50 games)
PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 23 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 29 games)
Change in team outlook: +6.0 ppg, -9.2 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Also throw in Harpring and I think this will toughen us up. I know I would hate to lose JC. Maybe they can throw in a #1

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Man, am I going to have to break out an ERob, Fizer, Crawford and Hoiberg for Kobe trade?

Realistically, I think the Bulls might get Kukoc via ERob and Best, and then sign Harpring. We'll sign someone awful to be our #3 PG for the minimum.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABull</b>!

We trade:
Erob $5.75
Best $3.60 (3yr deal $11.8)
Fizer $2.95
Hoiberg $1.1
Bagaric $0.9

Or a total of $14.3 mill

We get:
Illgauskas $12.4
Murray $4.1
2004 #1 pick (top 5 protected)

I think the trade adds 10 wins.

How is it that Clevland ends up throwing in a first round pick when this trade is allready in the Bulls Favor?

·
Turned Thabo Fanatic
751 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks Lamond Murray at 4-5 million is a pretty good value? He's a better fit for us than Harpring or a healthy Erob in my book. He's a good rebounder, outside shooter and scorer. Defense, I dunno. I think I remember an article saying that he's unhappy about Miller leaving town, so perhaps they are looking to move him too.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hey Fizer Fanatic!!!

Originally posted by <b>Fizer Fanatic</b>!
Am I the only one who thinks Lamond Murray at 4-5 million is a pretty good value? He's a better fit for us than Harpring or a healthy Erob in my book. He's a good rebounder, outside shooter and scorer. Defense, I dunno. I think I remember an article saying that he's unhappy about Miller leaving town, so perhaps they are looking to move him too.
I did not notice you on board here! Welcome, good to see ya again.

I remember watching Lamond Murray shoot lights out against the Bulls.....Not sure he would be a better pickup than harpring...is that what you are saying FF? I think harpring brings more versatility to the table....how old is Lamond anyways?

Bottom line, unless JK gets a GREAT deal for JC, Fizer and EROB, he is NOT gonna move any of these guys. I look for all to stay onboard until just before the season starts, or, just before the trade deadline.:grinning:

·
Turned Thabo Fanatic
751 Posts
Hey Bama, thanks for the welcome. I've posted a few times over here, but have mainly been lurking in the shadows. It looks like Murray is 29 whereas Harpring is 26. I like Murray better as a player right now, so yes, that is what I meant. You might be right about Harpring, I just have never really gotten too excited about his game. I guess the fact that Harpring is younger and could be gotten w/o loosing anyone probably makes him a better pickup.

A trade such as this one proposed seems like it might make some sense to me even if we do signed Harpring. Murray replaces Erob, Zydrunas replaces Fizer plus scraps (including a nice scrap in Best). Basically we replace Erob's seemingly bad contract with Zydrunas' worse salary which runs for fewer years. Zydrunas should be able to teach the kids a thing or two about the game, as he was a pretty good player before he got hurt.

Of course, I'm guessing we'd have to sign Harpring before making the trade or else he probably wouldn't come here. And Krause seems to not want Erob and Harpring both under contract at the same time, so this is probably all just a pipe dream. I'm sure Krause would be leary of Zydrunas' contract as well.

However, I can't help but like this team:
Williams 6'1" Crawford 6'5" Guyton 6'2"
Rose 6'8" Hassell 6'5" Mason 6'5"
Murray 6'8" Harpring 6'7"
Chandler 7'1" Blount 6'10" Baxter 6'7"
Curry 6'11" Illgauskas 7'3"

Cleveland can keep their 2004 1st rounder as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts