Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Cleveland at Chicago (3/31/05)

2K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  c-town/c-gurl 
#1 ·
@

TIME: 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET
TV: TNT

The surging Bulls will try and take it right at Cleveland. While the Cavaliers have won a couple of games, they haven’t played well on the road all season, let alone good enough to beat a team of Chicago’s calibur. Plus the Bulls always seem to get up when playing the Cavs. They have the pieces and depth to give Cleveland trouble. Malone needs to stress the importance of a fast start. The Bulls could blow the game open with a big 1st quarter, essentially ending the game from the jump. If Zydrunas can have another big game, it would be huge. Not just a scoring big but also trying to hit the glass, get offensive boards and beat Curry on the boards. Drew and AV need to be active and help Cleveland avoid giving up too many second chance points. Chicago has dominated Cleveland at times and manhandled them. In one of the games where the Cavs were blown out, the Bulls were fighting harder and showing more heart. Matching Chicago's intensity is a must.

James says his ankle is getting better. Let’s hope the injury doesn't linger.

Snow and McInnis dished out assists and avoided turnovers in the Cavs’ win over the Clippers. On the road, poor shooting and turnovers kill Cleveland. Even if the Cavaliers struggle from the field, if the guards can take care of the ball, they'll still be in the game.

See less See more
#4 ·
These games have been completely lopsided this season. Who ever has had the home court pretty much controlled the game. Bulls will likely win this one, hopefully it will be a bit closer then the last game in Chicago.

I'd like to see how AV does against Chandler: very similar player in my book. Also need to see more of Sasha. If Sasha can get 10+ points we'll have a good shot. Z needs to step up it a bit as well. He'll be the key as he's owned Curry so far in their careers so far

#5 ·
Benedict_Boozer said:
Biggest game of the season, by far.
Yeah didn't realize it at first. Depending on what the Bulls tonight we can take back the 5th spot from the Bulls and also clinch the tiebreak with a win. We would have won the season series 3-1. Big game

#6 ·
Benny G goes nuts as the Bulls beat the Bobcats tonight. I've watched this kid from afar. Impressive young man.

At least the Cavaliers are catching Chicago with them having to play on back-to-back nights. Maybe that could (hoping here) offset the homecourt advantage some. Who knows.

#7 ·
like to tell you guys that Curry sat out yesterday with Flu like symptons so he might not play.. and if he doesnt we wont win also Kirk Hinrich is still day to day and he might not play either.

Also as of now our plane is broken or something and we are still stuck in Charlotte. :dead:

#8 ·
^

Sorry to hear about the plane situation. Hopefully, everything settles down soon and your guys can return home quickly. You don't want the guys jet-lagged from a late flight in.

#9 ·
remy23 said:
Benny G goes nuts as the Bulls beat the Bobcats tonight. I've watched this kid from afar. Impressive young man.

At least the Cavaliers are catching Chicago with them having to play on back-to-back nights. Maybe that could (hoping here) offset the homecourt advantage some. Who knows.
Gordon is nuts in 4th quarters, I have league pass so i've seen him doing it all season long. Dude gets on streaks where he's hitting deep shots over 2 or 3 people. We need to build a cushion going into the 4th quarter because if it's within 6-8 pts, Gordon could beat us himself.

He had something like 23 points in the 4th qtr alone against Charlotte :eek8:

#15 ·
It would have been better if Curry was playing. Z loves playing against Eddy. He actually pretty much owns Curry. Without him we might see the fatigued Z rather then the dominant one.

I'm having nightmares just thinking of McInnis trying to defend Gordon in the fourth.

#16 ·
futuristxen said:
For that reason it's going to be hard not to root against the Bullies tonight, just so some of our fans can learn a little respect.
Where was that respect when the Bulls smashed the Cavs early in the season and people chalked it up to luck and an off night for the Cavs? I'm just returning the favor, no respect for the Cavs. That said, they'll win tonight by 20.

:basket:

#17 ·
Sir Patchwork said:
Where was that respect when the Bulls smashed the Cavs early in the season and people chalked it up to luck and an off night for the Cavs? I'm just returning the favor, no respect for the Cavs. That said, they'll win tonight by 20.

:basket:
When the Cavs trounced the Bulls in there first meeting, I actually posted in the Bulls forum that I thought you're perimeter guys all would all do well (including Gordon who sucked at the time) and they would start to win when Curry/Chandler picked it up a bit.

That seems to be showing respect to the Bulls when you actually complement the lose

#19 ·
This will be a big game for tha cavs but one i think they will win. The bulls have some key players missing this game(Hinrich and Curry) so the cavs have a good chance although it will be a close game. Lebron will have a huge night as he will be very focused on winning this game and I think a big factor of the cavs winning will be whether or not Big Z has a good night.

Prediction:

Lebron 34pts/8ast/7rebs/3stl
Big Z 20pts/10reb/3blk

Cavs 98
Chicago 91

#20 ·
Let's keep the playoffs seed positioning interesting by knocking off the Bulls and keeping the Pacers at bay. Yes the game is in Chicago, but its not like the Bulls are invincible.

Nice start, 17-13 in the first quarter. Gooden is going off with 13 points and has not missed a shot. Go Cavs!

G-Force

#21 ·
Real physical game. These type of games usually don't favor the Cavs.

End of 1st
Cavaliers - 23
Bulls - 22

#25 ·
Halftime
Cavaliers - 48
Bulls - 46

Neither team is making foul shots. Whoever starts knocking them down will have the edge in the game. Drew started out really hot but did most of his damage early. Z looks tired in the face. I wonder if he is still suffering from his insomnia problems because he looks like he's zoning in and out (maybe that's just his attention). Gordon has hit incredible shots. Especially that banking lay up on the right side.

#26 ·
Looks like somehow Paul Silas returned to coach the Cavs tonight: Harris and McInnis played the entire second quarter and Tractor got more minutes then Anderson.

I think Sasha forgot to walk Malone's dog or something: what is this kid have to do get some time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.