1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@

TIME: 4:00 pm PT, 7:00 pm ET
TV: NBATV, WUAB

After defending the Gund against the Bucks, Cleveland must hold serve yet again on the road against Orlando. With the other teams in the playoff race still winning, the pressure is on. The Magic will have had an extra day of rest to prepare for this game and should be ready to go. James has been playing huge minutes down the stretch but he has to hold up. Cleveland has to make an effort to box out and rebound the basketball. There’s a good chance Howard and company will go nuts on the offensive glass. While Hill is out, this team is still dangerous offensively. They can put points on the board.

Cleveland’s second mate had a big game against the Bucks. Drew’s playing with more confidence these days.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Drew is going to be the key again along with Lebron, he's got to take it to his old franchise. Luckily for us with Hill out I don't think the Magic have anybody that can match up with lebron. So in short we need big games from both Gooden and Lebron and somebody anybody else to step up.

This is a huge game-we need one more road win atleast to make the playoffs and this one is winnable

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pioneer10 said:
Drew is going to be the key again with Lebron out
If King James was out, Cleveland would get smoked. :cry:

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
We really need this game fellas, if we can pick this up I think we are in. New York coming up next at home should be a win, putting us at 41 wins with @Wash, @Det, Bos, and @Tor left.

Tough stretch but I have a feeling we can pick up 1 of those 3 road games and pick up that win against Boston (it will be tough since they always play us hard).

If we bring the defensive intensity early and start out strong on offense, I think the team will feel confident about winning on the road and get this one!

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Also lets hope Drew brings it strong against his former team! So far on the season he's put up 18ppg 9.3rpg 3apg 2spg on 61%fg against them in 3 games so we should expect good things from him once again.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I hope Dwight Howard has a big game so Cleveland can finally have that loss the Nets have been waiting for

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Man I really like how Drew has been playing lately, very aggressive attacking the bucket and strong on the boards. Without Silas around he seems to be playing with much more confidence.

Him and AV together seems to work very well, arguably better than him and Z.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^

Yeah, James did dunk that ball hard as hell.

----

Halftime
Cavaliers - 59
Magic - 54

From the way the team looked in the first quarter, I thought they were well on their way to being down by 10+ at the half. The James-Gooden show seems to be doing well tonight and you have to like Malone's rotations. Sasha came into the game right off the bench (no Harris) and when AV got good run, nice things happened for Cleveland. If Cleveland can continue to attack and draw fouls on the bigs, good things will continue to happen.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
The Magic's continual ignoring of Howard, as usual, has come back to bite them in the ***. Howard was dominating early, and then never saw the ball again, unreal.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^

Even as a Cavs' fan, I simply don't understand that. Howard should be the number 1 option on offense (while Steve-O can rip McInnis/Snow up, the Cavs have even less of an answer for Dwight).

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
It's particularly frustrating in this case, because the Magic sure as heck are not going to make the playoffs. Just get him the ball, sheesh.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
remy23 said:
^

Yeah, James did dunk that ball hard as hell.

----

Halftime
Cavaliers - 59
Magic - 54

From the way the team looked in the first quarter, I thought they were well on their way to being down by 10+ at the half. The James-Gooden show seems to be doing well tonight and you have to like Malone's rotations. Sasha came into the game right off the bench (no Harris) and when AV got good run, nice things happened for Cleveland. If Cleveland can continue to attack and draw fouls on the bigs, good things will continue to happen.
I loved the rotations in the 1st half, excellent game plan and substitution pattern by Malone. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Good job by Malone so far tonight. Good job with the rotations.

We need to jump out in the 3rd quarter. Get this lead above 10 points and I think Orlando will fade away and lose hope

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Stevenson is matching freakin Lebron in production. Where did this guy come from, he's been playing great lately

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
We need to put this team away before the 4th. Is Stevenson a FA?

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Stevenson is matching freakin Lebron in production. Where did this guy come from, he's been playing great lately
Stevenson has been killing us with 3's, they put up a stat saying he's been averging 20ppg this month.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Dammit, we can't put this team away. Every time we get a cushion, Orlando comes back

1 - 20 of 49 Posts