Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cleveland has been a great team for the last seven seasons. LeBron James has been a dominating player since his second season in the league and even after drafting Luke Jackson, their last lottery pick the Cavs have been able to contend for championships. The Cavs got very lucky drafting Rojon Rondo with a late first round pick in 2006 and then drafting Teague with a late 1st round pick in 2009. Boozer has been a very good player next to James. James and Boozer was the best pair of fowards in the league for many years untill Ilgauskas finally retired and Boozer had to slide into the C position. The Cavs lack depth however except for Teague who is the only backup guard in their rotation. The Cavs are going to have to get lucky in the draft again if they are going to remain contenders because their lack of depth is getting worse every year.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a keeper league with no Free Agents and the only players that can be traded are the "bottom" ten players of the teams roster. Back in 2003, when I started this I was woundering what would teams look like if they kept their players together and no let them go in free agency. So the project began. Now 9 years later it continues and I enjoy it.

I had a league like this orginally in 2001, but I drafted all the teams. I would have kept that league going but it wasn't documented and my only hard copy got scatterted on the floor( I was using basketball cards and playing cards with the names of players on them to organize the rosters. The only memory I have of that league was that Karl Malone and Jason Terry were team mates and had the worse team for the 2001 draft, they selecte3d Eddy Curry.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Cleveland Cavaliers haved moved Jeff Teague from the bench and into the starting Shooting Guard posistion. This moves Jared Dudley to the starting Small Foward posistion and Matt Barnes now is now on the bench. Teague will still be the backup PG however so either Rondo or Teague will always be on the court.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts