Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Clevland contiue thier fall

1K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  DJRaz 
#1 ·
losing by 26 to the pacers, if they keep going like this, they will be out of the playoffs, wow from the 4th seed to possibly out of playoffs

#6 ·
We suck: without Z, it was Lebron against the Pacers. Our guards can't hit the side of barn if they were wide open

#9 ·
SamTheMan67 said:
and of course you cant laugh at a game... I dont know about kobe but making a thread about him was really stupid.

I play sports and when we are losing bad sometimes we crack jokes quietly to lighten the mood...
Yup, that's exactly why Patchwork poked fun at duncan2k5's awful Kobe thread. Laughing does not = giving up, despite what the TNT crew of Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith will tell you.

#10 ·
The problem is Lebron. He is worse then Kobe with Kobe's supposive ego. Kobe is said to have the I am better then the team ego because all his post Jackson coaches are just give the ball to Kobe and watch offenses. While Lebron doesn't trust his teammates, and thinks he is the only one trying, and the only one that can get it done. Wade>TMac>Kobe>AI>Lebron.

#11 ·
I should have guessed it was over when Mcinnis was installed back in the starting lineup. Him and Luscious Harris should have been put out to pasture and replaced by Pavlovic and Jiri Welsh by now. There' some strange things going on in the cleveland front office

#12 ·
The thing is, they had the camera on Lebron the entire 4th quarter, and he was just sitting their stewing for most of it, giving Mcinnis eat **** and die looks. The one time he cracks a smile they catch it and replay it.

Anyways. Cavs aren't making the playoffs. Too much inner turmoil and chaos.

#13 ·
sloth said:
The problem is Lebron. He is worse then Kobe with Kobe's supposive ego. Kobe is said to have the I am better then the team ego because all his post Jackson coaches are just give the ball to Kobe and watch offenses. While Lebron doesn't trust his teammates, and thinks he is the only one trying, and the only one that can get it done. Wade>TMac>Kobe>AI>Lebron.
Ummmm OK. You stick any player not named Shaq or Duncan with Ira Newble, Eric Snow, Jeff McInnis, and Tractor Traylor and try to win games. These guys brick layups so don't even bother about ask about outside shooting. Let me guess, you think playing with Wade and suddenly these guys will make open jumpers?

#14 ·
I've seen LeBron laughing on the bench in 4th qtrs of a blowout loss a bunch of times this season. Doesn't make him look too good. Especially with all the MJ comparisons. MJ's desire to win was 2nd to none. From what I've seen so far, LeBron doesn't strike me as that sort of player, yet.

#19 ·
SPMJ said:
I've seen LeBron laughing on the bench in 4th qtrs of a blowout loss a bunch of times this season.

No you haven't. A bunch of times? C'mon. Seriously. Why lie? Lebron is rarely on the bench in the 4th qtrs of any game. Even blowout losses.

Whatever though. Lebron and the Cavs have bigger things to worry about right now than your perception of what he's doing on the bench.

#20 ·
Bulls missing Deng, Kirk, Curry, Othella for periods of times, 5 game chunks at least recently, and 2 for othella, and the Bulls still fought through it.

Indiana, no Artest, SJax, JO, Tinsley for large periods of times, but they fought through it.

#21 ·
StephenJackson said:
I don't think any team can whine about playing without an injured player when they are playing the Pacers who are without Tinsley, Artest, and JO.
Exactly, I have a lot of respect for the Pacers playing without so many key players. They are playing with so much heart and passion that they have made me a fan of this Pacers team. Reggie Miller is still leading the as a 40 year old skinny shooting guard and they just won't let themselves lose. It will be sad for me to see Reggie Miller retire at season's end, I've always rooted for him.

#23 ·
Whining? Let me clarify: with or without big Z we have sucked for the last couple of weeks. Couple of big wins against Detroit and Dallas but otherwise we have been mediocre at best. When you don't have outside shooting, teams just pack it in making it hard for Lebron to drive and create. Indiana did a terrific defensive job. They gave up plenty of open looks but it was all to guys like Snow, Newble and Tractor while they contested lebron every time he got the ball

#24 ·
sloth said:
Bulls missing Deng, Kirk, Curry, Othella for periods of times, 5 game chunks at least recently, and 2 for othella, and the Bulls still fought through it.

Indiana, no Artest, SJax, JO, Tinsley for large periods of times, but they fought through it.
They also had good coaching, and players who can step up.

From top to bottom both the Bulls and Pacers are deeper than the Cavs.

I'm starting to hate player comparisons with a passion.

Lebron looks to make a play for his teammates first, efficiently that is (not dribbling for long periods of times THEN passing). Anyone with any semblance of intelligence will realize that your teammates are just clearly not delivering, and you will try to take the load on your shoulders. Plenty times games turn into, Lebron vs. Whom ever. Z has become quite erratic as of late, and no one else can hit a jumpshot.

Kobe is JUST now realizing that no one player can do it on their own. He spent much of the season taking his team out the flow of things by dominating the ball, playing PG and SG essentially. I can't knock Kobe cuz he's hardheaded... not yet at least.

I think people need to let go of Tmac's horrible season in Orlando... especially when comparing it to Kobe this season. (Tmac would have been so lucky as to have Odom, Butler, or even CHRIS MIHM!) That season goes to show what happens when your team is ravaged by injuries, and placing hope that your second best player (with one ankle Hill was STILL orlando's second best player!!!!! thats a testament to how HORRIBLE that team was) would be able to return.

All of a sudden Wade is the darling of the NBA. I think I'm gonna lose my mind if I see another Wade>Kobe; Wade>Lebron; Wade>Tmac; Wade>God type comparisons.

You would think after 12 seasons, Penny Hardaway and Kobe Bryant, that Shaq simply makes EVERYTHING easier for his teammates. I'm not taking anything away from Wade, I think he would have been a 20, 5, 5 player coming in this season without the trade, but realize that its not his stats that cause people to overrate him, its how well the Heat are doing. Without Shaq the Wizards would be giving the Heat a run for their money in the Southeast. They would still be playoff contenders, just not CHAMPIONSHIP contenders.

It sucks because I really like Wade and enjoy his game. It's just that FANATICS can really RUIN your perception of a player. (Stoudemire used to be a favorite of mine, even before he started I was rooting for him... and we see what ONE poster did for many other's perception of that player.)

With that said... as far as team success goes its

Wade
Tmac
Lebron
Kobe

----
Individual Sucess
Lebron - 26, 7, 7 - no one touching that
Kobe - close with wade... but but shaq factor puts him up.
Wade - more efficient than kobe this season, consistent
Tmac - great stats, slightly erratic this season, playing hurt.

It makes no sense to Judge these players by talent, because thats purely objective. ALL are incredibly talented players.

Anyways, i went offtopic. I am disappointed in Cleveland. Bron is playing with a bunch of dolts. They better pull off a miracle this offseason. Jettison McInnis, Pick up a player of Joe Johnson's caliber at least, resign Z for his TRUE WORTH. Develop Jackson - with a player like Redd, Johnson, or Allen, you would just need him to be a great shooter, and pray Gooden gains more focus on defense and rebounding.

Reactions: futuristxen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.