Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in 2 different places today that the Bulls and clippers are talking about a deal involving these players:

Eddie Robinson, Jamal Crawford, RD 1 draft picks

Darius Miles, Olowakandi

has anyone else heard these kinds of things... or is this just BS I saw?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Krause trading number 1s doesn't sound like him.

The Clippers trading Miles after refusing to do so to get a much better offer from the Clips doesn't make sense.

ERob's deal doesn't sound like something Sterling would want to take on.

These are reasons to not believe this trade rumor.

One reason to believe it is that it invloves the Clippers and Krause.

·
Registered
337 Posts
do u have a link to where u heard this from, it just doesnt make sense why the bulls would trade for a young center when they have a younger one with just as much, if not more potential. and it seems like clips are giving up too, that 1st round pick wont mean much in a couple years when the bulls are winning

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
they had that on ESPN message board. Claimed it came from a LA radio station. I highly doubt it! JK wont trade future first round picks. Sterling doesnt want E robs contract.

Doesnt make sense for us either. Miles contract will be due in a couple of years. Kandi will demand a higher pay day now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In what universe do we live in we would be lucky enough to make that trade?

First off the only way Falk would let Kandi come here is if we were willing to pay Kandi max or near max that the clips seem resistant to do. So....

Kandi $9 mill (about 6yr $70 mill deal)
Miles $3.3 mill
or a total of $12.3 mill

and we trade:
Robinson $5.7 mill
Crawford $2.0 mill
or a total of $7.7 mill?

Yeah right! It's just some idiot looking at last years salaries making up a dumb *** trade, which the clips would never ever do. Besides salaries there are about 10 other red flags to it, but I'm not going to waste any more time.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, no, not exactly!!

When you say you heard it, that tells us all, either you made it up, OR, the source is not reputable. IF you say you read it, then you can provide the link and show everyone that your statement is more than a rumor. IF, on the other hand you cannot or will not divulge your source, it tells us, that either you made it up, OR, the source is not reputable! LOL This trade, all things considered, does not add up any way shape or form. GO BULLS~~~:no:

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read it on ESPN forum and REALGM, I dont have the links, you can ask truebluefan though i dont make crap up bama

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's done... It's over...

You asked if it was BS and I told you it was.

However checking salaries is always an easy way to check rumored trades in the future. If you were unfamiliar w/ kandi's contract demands that would've made it more difficult though.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Notice the "LOL?"

Originally posted by HAWK23
I read it on ESPN forum and REALGM, I dont have the links, you can ask truebluefan though i dont make crap up bama
Sorry, meant my last post in jest; although its not important enough of a rumor to get upset over.

"ahem"....true blue? "Does he?" hahaha...just kidding! I am satisfied with our roster as it is RIGHT NOW...come the middle of august, latter part maybe, we might see a vet or two brought in....purely from a backup role... I do not expect any wholesale or big deals this season.:grinning:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Re: Notice the "LOL?"

Originally posted by BamaBull

Sorry, meant my last post in jest; although its not important enough of a rumor to get upset over.

"ahem"....true blue? "Does he?" hahaha...just kidding! I am satisfied with our roster as it is RIGHT NOW...come the middle of august, latter part maybe, we might see a vet or two brought in....purely from a backup role... I do not expect any wholesale or big deals this season.:grinning:
he must of read it at ESPN. I saw it too.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
OK, the originally posted rumor sounds fairly silly, but the supposed three team trade with the Cavs, Clips, and a mystery third team sounds more plausible.

If we were the mystery team, how would we fit in there?

I could see Cleveland having a real interest in Crawford. Wagner often seems like a short SG, so Crawford might make sense (on the surface) in that he's a tall PG. They'd potentially be a very dynamic backcourt.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
again I saw this 3 team trade... seems like the Cavs are having a difficult time with Rickey Davis signing..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, but if the Bulls did do this trade the pick probably woudnt be top 10, because the Bulls would probably much better. I dont see the Clips doing this unless the cavs trade doesnt happen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts