Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Clippers are back! Actually, they are better then ever!

top 3 frontcourt with Maggette, Brand, and Kaman!!!

They will go as far as Sam Cassell hitting clutch shots in the playoffs. The rest of the guys will be solid. Wouldn't it be amazing to see the Clippers in the Finals?

Reactions: Carbo04

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I sort of expect to wake up.... or somehow the team gets broken up over the summer.

That's what happens when you're a Clippers fan, always waiting for something tragic to happen, however, I'm just going to enjoy all the Ws this year and getting into the playoffs...

Nice to see some people changing their minds about the Clips... sleeper? maybe... finals... probably not

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
Hey... no one expected Detroit to win the Championship the year they won...

Anything can happen.

This isn't the NCAA tournament buddy.

·
Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Sam has definitely brought some good leadership and experience to the team, and the team's got talent in every position.

Congrats to Clips, and who knows, maybe if Kobe goes crazy we'll see a LAC v.s. LAK matchup in the 2nd round!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
It's good to see this kind of thing finally happen for the Clippers. Congrats to them, this team is for real and I hope they can keep it up. Baylor has done a great job this season, other than the Korolev pick which is irrelevant right now.... :laugh: I can't believe I just said that about Baylor. I picked the Clippers to be my sleeper pick in the west in the beginning of the year, but they are starting to look a lot more than that.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well Baylor did trade Tyson Chandler for Elton Brand- not that it erases his picking of Olowkandy at #1....

I'd be happy if the Clips got to the second round. They are a very inexperienced team that is prone to meltdowns from game to game and even during games for stretches. Not going to work in the playoffs against the powerhouse teams in the West. For all the success LAC's had this year, you can't forget the team has had sub.500 seasons for the last few years.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Well I'm a huge Clips fan, but not a homer.

We have no shot at a championship unless Dirk, TD, and Nash all get hurt.

As it is, we're looking at getting bounced out of the first round.

Not only is Dallas better, but they have an experience edge, all their players have been in the playoffs, it's a different beast than the regular season, and like the NCAAs, experience almost always wins out.

Ultimately, we'll give someone a fight, but it's one thing to win a game or two, it's another to beat someone 4 times out of 7, that's why in the NBA you don't see that many upsets in the playoffs, usually the better team wins, unlike the NCAA tournament where you can catch a team sleeping one day and knock them out.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
im just going to go out on a limb and say it was corey maggette guarding rasual butler today.

32 pts on 12 of 16 sure does sound like maggetteos

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.