Zack Randolph
1st round picks in 2003 and 2005
3 million cash

BLAZERS get

Michael Olowokandi Sign snd trade
Melvin Ely
Corey Maggette
Keyon Dolling

WHY the Clippers do yhis trade well they get something of very good value for the candy man who will not max him out something he wants so in return they get a rising star in Bonzi who is not asking for max money and Dale Davis who is very durable center and most importanly he makes far lees then what the kandy man is looking for. And not to mention Zack Randolph could be a future star also good deal for the clippers get good players who are not gonna cost them Max contracts their for giving them flexibility to stay competitive and sign the other players to the Max which are Andre Miller, Elton Brand, and Lamar Odom.

Why the Blazers do it well they get a center who has potential and are willing to take on high salary contracts and they get a project in Melvin Ely. Those other guys Maggette and dooling they are just fillers on the trade i would do it for the candy man and Ely but i dont think it would work salary wise.

Good deal for both teams IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have to say this is a ridiculous trade with nothing that helps the Clippers. Why in world would the Clippers give up a true center with his best basketball ahead of him for a guy who is not a true center ( he admits that playing out of position has hurt his game) and has already peaked. The Clippers have both Dooling and Jaric to back up Miller, not to mention the capable Lamar Odom - why then would they want the mediocre Bonzi Wells? Btw I don't know much about Randolph, but I do know that Ely is one of the most promising rookies coming out of the draft and Maggette is one of the most underrated players on the Clipper squad. Do you really want to get rid of these guys? Sorry, I can't agree with any part of this trade .

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with MRJIMBO. This trade is terrible for the clippers. Why would we give up Kandi who could become the second best in the league with all the oldies but goodies slowly fading out (DRob, Dream, Ewing, Zo) and a guy like Maggette who is going to backup both SG and SF. And just to make the trade even stupider we throw in Ely our only legit backup center. Not to mention Keyon Dooling who has shown some good flashes. And what do we get? Bonzi who would whine about sitting on the bench behind Q, Dale Davis who is a slow, past his prime power forward playing center, and Zach Randolph who won't make a differance with LO, Brand, and Wilcox ahead of him. Stupid trade especially because I think we are going to sign Kandi for under the max. I think he will take what the Clippers have on the table (around 65 million) because no one else can pay him more.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
This trade would be horrible for the Clipps....
They're done dealing for the rest of the summer...
All they wanted all along was a point....
and they have that in Dre now...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes guys if you think this is stupid trade that's fine but just look at it this way the Kandi man has not signed his contract neither has Ely, the Blazers have not signed Bonzi to his contract and is mentioned in trade rumors along with Dale Davis and the Clippers from what i heard are intersted in Bonzi and, Dale and just about every team is intersted in the young power forward Zack Randolph. And the Blazers were intersted in Ely since the Draft so we might have some sort of Blockbuster in the works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bBob, I don't mean this as an insult, but I sure hope you're wrong. It's a bad deal for the Clips and Elgin would never let it happen. As far as Kandi's contract, there is no rush and they are negotiating. Ely hasn't been given a contract yet and he won't get one until they take care of Kandi. My understanding is that if Ely signs a contract with the Clips he can't be traded until December. My guess is that the Clips aren't taking any chances by signing him now. There is a remote possibility that Kandi takes a better offer or he may do a sign and trade. Ely and Kandi COULD be packaged together in a trade, but if they are I'd bet real good money that the Clippers work a much better deal than the one you are proposing. The Clips have no use for any of those guys even if they did lose Kandi and Ely.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>BOB WHITSIT</b>!
Yes guys if you think this is stupid trade that's fine but just look at it this way the Kandi man has not signed his contract neither has Ely, the Blazers have not signed Bonzi to his contract and is mentioned in trade rumors along with Dale Davis and the Clippers from what i heard are intersted in Bonzi and, Dale and just about every team is intersted in the young power forward Zack Randolph. And the Blazers were intersted in Ely since the Draft so we might have some sort of Blockbuster in the works.
Hey i never said Elgin would let this trade happen but the boss will and that is DONALD STERLING he cant MAX everybody out there for he needs to trade someone and that is Candy man i dont see him trading All star Elton Brand, Future all star Andre Miller or Future All star and their best player and most marketable player Odom is popular with the Fans he allready traded Miles and he wont trade ODOM. So then he trades Candiman because he wont take a pay cut no way he wanrts Max and you cant have 4 players getting Max contracts unleess your the KNICKS, OR BLAZERS. And you also say that theres no need for Bonzi Wells well if you seen him play this guy is going to be an all star he's gotten better every year and he is clearly better than both Richardon and Maggette. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Clearly better than Richardson or Maggette? QRich hasn't even reached his full potential, and he is already equal to Bonzi if not better at most things. Corey is a better defender and finisher than Bonzi, and both of them fit in well to team chemistry. The last thing we need is someone like Bonzi to come in and mess up our team chemistry. I wouldn't do Bonzi straight up for either Maggette or Q.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>basketball_jesus</b>!
Clearly better than Richardson or Maggette? QRich hasn't even reached his full potential, and he is already equal to Bonzi if not better at most things. Corey is a better defender and finisher than Bonzi, and both of them fit in well to team chemistry. The last thing we need is someone like Bonzi to come in and mess up our team chemistry. I wouldn't do Bonzi straight up for either Maggette or Q.

Hey bball jesus you actually think Bonzi has reached his full potential the guy came of the ACL injurie and was starting for the first time and clearly was not 100% yet he still managed to score 17ppg and inprove his all around game. And have you say he is not a better defender than maggette i will disagree Bonzi is a better defender or equal to Maggette. Oh and you also say you would not even do a Bonzi for either Maggette or Q that is a joke the BLAZERS would laugh at your proposal Bonzi will be an All Star very soon and those guys Maggette and Q are good but they are not as good as BONZI.

·
Registered
206 Posts
But they both have the right attitudes and they know thier place on the team, plus they are both being payed less. What I am saying is that I would rather have the tandem of Maggette and Q than that of Bonzi and Q or Maggette.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I still think the idea that I proposed yesterday (or the day before) is much more realistic. The Clips don't want to take on Dale Davis' big contract (this is Donald Sterling we're talking about here), they don't want to trade Melvin Ely's cheap contract, there's no rush to trade Keyon Dooling's cheap contract, either. PLUS I think the team should be able to re-sign Corey Maggette to a pretty reasonable extension next summer (for about the same amount of money that guys like Larry Hughes and Keon Clark and Donyell Marshall have been or WILL BE getting THIS summer). No reason to take on Davis, no reason to trade Ely or Maggette or Dooling.

And Bonzi Wells is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Quentin Richardson, fellas. SIGNIFICANT. This guy is on the verge of stardom, he and Elton Brand would give the Clips a terrific longterm 1-2 scoring punch, and both guys would benefit TREMENDOUSLY from the floor leadership of Andre Miller.

So yeah, I'll stick with my earlier proposal: Olowokandi to the Blazers for Bonzi, Qyntel Woods, and Zach Randolph. MUCH more reasonable.

Although it's flattering to see that my Blazers-Clippers trade suggestion has sparked some further discussion! That's what this forum is supposed to be all about!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But they both have the right attitudes and they know thier place on the team, plus they are both being payed less. What I am saying is that I would rather have the tandem of Maggette and Q than that of Bonzi and Q or Maggette.
You may think that Bonzi averiging 17 ppg he would need to play alot of minutes but he only plays 31mpg so its not like he is playing more then those guys Maggette and Q play like 26 minutes a night so its not a big difference. Oh and they are being payed less right now but when free agency comes around for Maggette and Richardson they would be able to keep both. And your making a bad argument when you say that you would rather have Q and maggette than a tandem of Bonzi and Q that is a joke so you would not want a future all star you would rather have a decent good role player in maggetee come on BBall Jesus i know you love the Clipps but that argument shows you dont want your team to get better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>robyg1974</b>!
I still think the idea that I proposed yesterday (or the day before) is much more realistic. The Clips don't want to take on Dale Davis' big contract (this is Donald Sterling we're talking about here), they don't want to trade Melvin Ely's cheap contract, there's no rush to trade Keyon Dooling's cheap contract, either. PLUS I think the team should be able to re-sign Corey Maggette to a pretty reasonable extension next summer (for about the same amount of money that guys like Larry Hughes and Keon Clark and Donyell Marshall have been or WILL BE getting THIS summer). No reason to take on Davis, no reason to trade Ely or Maggette or Dooling.

And Bonzi Wells is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Quentin Richardson, fellas. SIGNIFICANT. This guy is on the verge of stardom, he and Elton Brand would give the Clips a terrific longterm 1-2 scoring punch, and both guys would benefit TREMENDOUSLY from the floor leadership of Andre Miller.

So yeah, I'll stick with my earlier proposal: Olowokandi to the Blazers for Bonzi, Qyntel Woods, and Zach Randolph. MUCH more reasonable.

Although it's flattering to see that my Blazers-Clippers trade suggestion has sparked some further discussion! That's what this forum is supposed to be all about!
That sounds like a good trade but that leaves the Clippers with no center and their trying to get too the Playoffs plus Davis has 1 year left on his deal i think they would keep him for the reamainer of his contract and he would also help develope Cris Wilcox.

Hey ROBY G do you think if Portland adds Quntell to the Deal i proposed do you think the Clippers would do it

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I don't believe there is anything about this trade that benefits the Clippers. I don't think that they need anymore guards or forwards. In fact if anything the Clips ought to be doing 2 for one trades. Their quantity is outstanding, might be able to ratchet up the quality just a bit and this trade does not do that. So no way does this trade make sense for them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whitsit-
I have been a Clippers fan for a relativly long time. After seeing the potential the Clips showed last year there was only one thing on my mind. Get a better point guard. Everything else looked great. Maggette outplayed Kobe in a win against the Lakes, Q was lighting it up against everyone, and Kandi was showing me reasons why we picked him #1. Now fast forward to 2002. We got our point guard (Andre3000) and we are set to make the playoffs. Now you want to come in and throw away our team chemistry and our budding star off a center for Bonzi Wells and change? This trade is outrageous and the Clippers would never do it. Is Bonzi better than Corey Maggette? Yes. But is he what our team needs? No. That is why I wouldn't do this trade.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whitsit-
I have been a Clippers fan for a relativly long time. After seeing the potential the Clips showed last year there was only one thing on my mind. Get a better point guard. Everything else looked great. Maggette outplayed Kobe in a win against the Lakes, Q was lighting it up against everyone, and Kandi was showing me reasons why we picked him #1. Now fast forward to 2002. We got our point guard (Andre3000) and we are set to make the playoffs. Now you want to come in and throw away our team chemistry and our budding star off a center for Bonzi Wells and change? This trade is outrageous and the Clippers would never do it. Is Bonzi better than Corey Maggette? Yes. But is he what our team needs? No. That is why I wouldn't do this trade.
Big deal Maggette had a one good game against the Lakers just one the others were really bad. Bonzi has had great games against everybody and Bonzi has outplayed KOBE on many occasions remember the last game of the regular season on NBC he put 33 and 9 rebounds on them.

Oh so you say a Bonzi for candi is not what the Clips need well maybe maybe not but they sure as hell will not pay for 4 Max contracts and they better get something for him or else the Clipps will be making a mistake letting him walk for nothing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Andre Miller and Elton Brand are the only players on the Clippers that will get max contracts. Lamar's value is at an alltime low and so he won't get one, and no one else has even seemed intrested in signing Kandi this summer. I think Kandi will sign for around what LaFrentz got. That is two max contracts and two fairly large contracts. That will not be a big problem and you and the rest of Portlands fans will have to keep on dreaming.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Andre Miller and Elton Brand are the only players on the Clippers that will get max contracts. Lamar's value is at an alltime low and so he won't get one, and no one else has even seemed intrested in signing Kandi this summer. I think Kandi will sign for around what LaFrentz got. That is two max contracts and two fairly large contracts. That will not be a big problem and you and the rest of Portlands fans will have to keep on dreaming.
No one CAN sign Olowokandi this summer, because nobody has any CAP ROOM. That will change next summer, when MULTIPLE teams will have LOTS of cap room. If the Clips don't give Olowokandi the max, someone else will.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>robyg1974</b>!

No one CAN sign Olowokandi this summer, because nobody has any CAP ROOM. That will change next summer, when MULTIPLE teams will have LOTS of cap room. If the Clips don't give Olowokandi the max, someone else will.
That is what i was about to say if the Clips dont pay the Max on Candy he wont be a clipper simple as that you got to pay candy the max that is just a given because he is a young center with potential and Odom yeas his value but still teams will want him no matter how you look at it he will also find a max contract somewere if the clips dont ,ax him out and they have to max him out to me he is their best player when healthy and has a big time future ahead of him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sure there are other teams that want kandi and I'll tell you who two of them are right now - Portland and Dallas. Thing is Kandi = FRANCHISE player! Bob, for you to say that Kandi will not settle for less than a max contract is pure speculation. Bonzi may have an edge (or be worlds better for that matter) on Q and Mags, but I'll stand pat with what the Clips have right now, thank you very much. It takes more than skill. Personally, I'm not a Bonzi fan , he doesn't strike me as a TEAM player. I love Maggette's game as well as Q's and Kandi is the freakin' man - keep dreamin' Bob!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts