Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Clippers & Chicago On The Move! (merged)

392 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Starbury03 
#1 ·
Clippers & Chicago On The Move!

CLIPPERS & CHICAGO ON THE MOVE!

Source close to LAC coach Dunleavy told me they are discusing to trade some players. The article in the Orange County Register confirms that:

"Right now Mel's not a guy who is in the top of the rotation," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said Thursday. "An injury can change that or bad play by someone in the group could change it where he gets a chance to play."

Ely doesn't mind being traded either.

"A change of venue for me wouldn't matter," he said. "I'm not going to just accept that I'm in the league and I get paid a whole lot of money and be fine with that. I'm trying to be the best at my position. If somebody wants me and I go to another team, no hard feelings."

The souce said that the serius trade is betwen LAC and CHI and that Ely is just a small part in the real trade.

It should look like this:

LAC :
RICHARDSON(1)
ELY(3)

CHI:
CRAWFORD(1)
GILL(0)

I checked in trade checker and it works: ID number 1439654

How to explain this:

CLIPPERS

MINUS
LAC are afraid to lose Richardson through free agency in 1 year + it is a lot harder to get good PG than SG so the choice looks ok.
Ely is the player clippers dont need couse they have dept at 4 (Brand, Wilcox)
PLUS
Crawford, unhappy in Chicago can start over and grow, the style of basketball clippers play suits him.
Gill brings a lot of experience, great shooter to play sg and his contract expires this year, so they gain more fleksibility

CHICAGO

MINUS
Crawford – but he just does not fit in so the trade makes sense
Gill brings a lot of good things to the team but he is nowhere near in future plans+they have enough veteran player in Davis,Williams,Blount

PLUS
Richardson is great scorer and chicago needs exactly this, know when Hinrich can play point the move makes sense. Ely gives them a young explosive presence under the boards.
PROJECTION for years to come

LAC
Kaman
Brand
Maggete
Gill ?
Crawford

CHI
Curry
Ely
Chandler
Richardson
Hinrich

So in a way it makes sense for both?

See less See more
#3 ·
So Ely can be stuck behind Davis, Curry and Chandler?

-Petey

#4 ·
Lac&chi...latest Update!

Hmmm

After the game I checked my source and it looks Richarson shoot himself out of the trade. I belive my source it right...lets look why.

The last nigh games...Lets look the stats:

RICHARDSON 29p/8r/6as
ELY dnp.

CRAWFORD 15P/4r/7as
GILL 14p/3r/2as

Watching the game and the way Q played it seems a big risk from the clippers standpoint to trade him.
One or two such games and the question arises-is Crawford the right man?

We will see that on tuesday when teh Clippers host Chicago. Source says that on that day some negotiations will take place...

We will see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.