Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CLIPPERS&CHICAGO ON THE MOVE!

Source close to LACcoach Dunleavy told me they are discusing to trade some players. The article in the Orange County Register confirms that:

"Right now Mel's not a guy who is in the top of the rotation," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said Thursday. "An injury can change that or bad play by someone in the group could change it where he gets a chance to play."

Ely doesn't mind being traded either.

"A change of venue for me wouldn't matter," he said. "I'm not going to just accept that I'm in the league and I get paid a whole lot of money and be fine with that. I'm trying to be the best at my position. If somebody wants me and I go to another team, no hard feelings."

The souce said that the serius trade is betwen LAC and CHI and that Ely is just a small part in the real trade.

It should look like this:

LAC :
RICHARDSON(1)
ELY(3)

CHI:
CRAWFORD(1)
GILL(0)

I checked in trade checker and it works: ID number 1439654

How to explain this:

CLIPPERS

MINUS
LAC are afraid to lose Richardson through free agency in 1 year + it is a lot harder to get good PG than SG so the choice looks ok.
Ely is the player clippers dont need couse they have dept at 4 (Brand, Wilcox)
PLUS
Crawford, unhappy in Chicago can start over and grow, the style of basketball clippers play suits him.
Gill brings a lot of experience, great shooter to play sg and his contract expires this year, so they gain more fleksibility

CHICAGO

MINUS
Crawford – but he just does not fit in so the trade makes sense
Gill brings a lot of good things to the team but he is nowhere near in future plans+they have enough veteran player in Davis,Williams,Blount

PLUS
Richardson is great scorer and chicago needs exactly this, know when Hinrich can play point the move makes sense. Ely gives them a young explosive presence under the boards.
PROJECTION for years to come

LAC
Kaman
Brand
Maggete
Gill ?
Crawford

CHI
Curry
Ely
Chandler
Richardson
Hinrich

So in a way it makes sense for both?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I would LOVE getting Richardson, and the Clips do need a natural point which JC is.

This trade would make Hinrich the permanant starting point, which would be nice so we dont have all the confusion.

Richardson is a nice player as well, equally as good as JC in my opinion. I get to watch a lot of Clipper games so I know this, well actually I watch ALL Clipper games being in LA.

If this trade goes down, I'll run down my street naked yelling yippeee

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
hasnt Pax figured it out. Lets bring back 2 more local kids who wont be able to overcome the pressures and distractions of playing at home. Thanks, but no thanks

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
hasnt Pax figured it out. Lets bring back 2 more local kids who wont be able to overcome the pressures and distractions of playing at home. Thanks, but no thanks
at this point, we'd be very lucky to get a player the calibur of qrich for jc.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

at this point, we'd be very lucky to get a player the calibur of qrich for jc.
Naw. I'd say they are close to even in value. That's why we're getting Ely to boot.

I like the deal from Chicago's side.
And I can see where it might help the clips. But I thought they had a good thing going with Q and Maggette and Brand. But I guess having a point guard is more important?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
So we get an injured SG who is as streaky as the gut he's being traded for and another PF?

So, it's true. Every deal we make or draft pick needs to be a PF.

Nice.

I love Q-Rich and see plenty of Clipper games here in So. Cal. Q-rich and Ely isn't worth it IMHO. Why does everyone, including Paxson, believe that having a real coach for one month should've transformed Crawford?

Well, atleast I'd ahve one more reason to root for the Clippers. They'd be sick if they did this.

C - Kaman, Drobniak
PF - Brand, Wilcox
SF - Maggette, Simmons
SG - House, Gill
PG - Crawford, Jaric

Damn good team....

Bulls -

C - Stay puft marshmallow man (Curry), Blount, Davis
PF - Chandler, Ely, Davis, JYD, Fizer,
SF - The Glass figurine gang (Pippen & E-Rob)
SG - Q-Rich, Jeffries
PG - Hinrich and Brickmaster

Yuck....nothing gained IMO

Plus, I thought anyone wanting Crawford had to take E-Rob? I like Q-Rich and would love to have him on my team, but not for Crawford.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There's only one thing that I'm certain of and that's that the Bulls have been involved in serious discussions with other teams about a variety of multi-player trade packages. I cannot say who they've had these discusions with or what players are being considered. But the Bulls are being proactive and are aggressively pursuing opportunities to improve the team via the trade route right now. I know this may come off sounding like a tease. Its not intended to be. But fans should know that unlike his predecessor, Paxson is not sitting back waiting for offers. I'm also led to believe that the Bulls are not afraid to trade for a player with a large, long term contract if they feel he's the right guy.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'd have to disagree. I think this offer (if there is any truth to it) is a good one for the Bulls. Though I have never met Q directly, everything I have heard through friends who went to school with him at Whitney and still keep in touch with him.. is very solid. He's a good kid who really matured physically and mentally in LaLa. I'm a bit surprised that Jamal could possibly net us Q in a trade.

If there is a shred of truth in this report, I'm interested ;)

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
There's only one thing that I'm certain of and that's that the Bulls have been involved in serious discussions with other teams about a variety of multi-player trade packages. I cannot say who they've had these discusions with or what players are being considered. But the Bulls are being proactive and are aggressively pursuing opportunities to improve the team via the trade route right now. I know this may come off sounding like a tease. Its not intended to be. But fans should know that unlike his predecessor, Paxson is not sitting back waiting for offers. I'm also led to believe that the Bulls are not afraid to trade for a player with a large, long term contract if they feel he's the right guy.
Here is a legit question, what are the realistic odds that the Bulls make a legit trade before the deadline as of this second? I know it can change tomorrow but any light you can shed on this I would appreciate it. Also I mean legit trade. So the Brunson deal doesnt really count.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

I'd have to disagree. I think this offer (if there is any truth to it) is a good one for the Bulls. Though I have never met Q directly, everything I have heard through friends who went to school with him at Whitney and still keep in touch with him.. is very solid. He's a good kid who really matured physically and mentally in LaLa. I'm a bit surprised that Jamal could possibly net us Q in a trade.

If there is a shred of truth in this report, I'm interested ;)
and curry is a good kid as well with a great heart. But playing at home is a monstrous distraction. And I doubt Q or Ely or Wade if we had got him would be able to overcome it. Its really better to play elsewhere.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have always been a big fan of Melvin Ely's back from his days when he went to Thornton HS. It feels like it was just yesterday when Ely was battling downlow against Marcus Griffin in the state championship game.

Trading Q and Ely for Jamal and Gill woudl be the step in the right direction. i honestly dont know what else we could get for Jamal other then Q. If this is the best we can get then im all for it.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

and curry is a good kid as well with a great heart. But playing at home is a monstrous distraction. And I doubt Q or Ely or Wade if we had got him would be able to overcome it. Its really better to play elsewhere.
Let's not confuse Curry w/ Q. Q has always, and I repeat always, been known for his heart and effort on the court. We also know he's developed a nice work ethic in 3+ years in the league off the court. I guess we can agree to disagree on how well this 23 year old would adjust to moving back home.

Does this mean Kendall Gill and AD are equally distracted now?

·
Registered
892 Posts

Here is a legit question, what are the realistic odds that the Bulls make a legit trade before the deadline as of this second? I know it can change tomorrow but any light you can shed on this I would appreciate it. Also I mean legit trade. So the Brunson deal doesnt really count.
I'm not an oddsmaker but its my understanding that a trade of some significance is likely.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remlover</b>!
When Q played at depaul there were a lot of expectations and pressures and i felt Q did a great job in his 2 years of ball (was it 2 or 3 i forget?).
2 years. Too bad they were coached by Pat Kennedy. Homeboy could recruit, but doesn't know a lick about X's and O's.

Q, McPherson, Simmons, Lance Williams, Hunter

whoot.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Let's not confuse Curry w/ Q. Q has always, and I repeat always, been known for his heart and effort on the court. We also know he's developed a nice work ethic in 3+ years in the league off the court. I guess we can agree to disagree on how well this 23 year old would adjust to moving back home.

Does this mean Kendall Gill and AD are equally distracted now?
Kendall isnt very good, so we dont know. AD is from Oakland. he has his wifes family in Aurora. But he is probably similar to me in that he never deals with his in-laws!.

Who knows on Q. I bet his game falls off if he comes here. And I am not sold on him either way. But we disagree. It would certainly be interesting. But if this is true, then Pax is doing nothing to stop the strong report that he favors local kids over everyone else. That certainly isnt a good sign

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.