Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me, they are like Sonics last season.

Cassell is the reason Clippers win, Cassell stats: 16 pts, 8 assts and 5 rebs.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
CrackerJack said:
and of course elton brands 23 and 10 dont really help :eek8:

Haha.

Brand > Cassel

Cassel and Maggette are helping out, but Brand is the main reason for their success.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but what does Okafor have to do with this?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Cassell is a huge part of their success. He is doing what he did in 03-04 with the Timberwolves. Cassell is a really good sidekick when he is actually concerned about basketball.

Needless to say that Elton Brand is balling. He looks better than ever right now, and he has done some stuff that has just amazed me this season. In the Lakers game, in the 4th quarter, a Laker player was driving baseline and Brand pinned the shot on the board. It was the most impressive block I've ever seen him make. On top of that, he got the ball on the other end and finished with the little shot just behind the free throw line that he has been hitting so well this year.

Brand looks like he is in really good shape. Amazing athleticism on top of being very strong. Last year I thought he was a step slow, and he was, because he was injured in the offseason and could only do weight training. That's why he was so big last year. This offseason he had no injury, so he worked on getting in the best shape possible.

·
Registered
464 Posts
LameR said:
Maybe I'm an idiot, but what does Okafor have to do with this?
I'm pretty sure he's referring to us trading our #2 pick for Charlotte's #4 pick, in essence trading Okafor for Livingston. But when/IF Livingston gets healthy, we won't be regretting that decision for long, methinks.

·
Banned
189 Posts
RhettO said:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to us trading our #2 pick for Charlotte's #4 pick, in essence trading Okafor for Livingston. But when/IF Livingston gets healthy, we won't be regretting that decision for long, methinks.
Shaun Livingston has missed a total of 62 out of a possible 92 games. Believe me, the guy doesn't have the body to be successful in the NBA and will constantly be injured. Passing up on Okafor or even Gordon, Igoudala, or Deng was a huge mistake.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
RhettO said:
hes good, and no one will regret it picking him, IF he stays healthy.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
They really didnt need another PF though, they have Elton Brand who should be an allstar player.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
Shaun Livingston has missed a total of 62 out of a possible 92 games. Believe me, the guy doesn't have the body to be successful in the NBA and will constantly be injured. Passing up on Okafor or even Gordon, Igoudala, or Deng was a huge mistake.

Haha believe you. You don't know jack. Once Liv gets back he's going to be the reason this team wins 60 games.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
RhettO said:
Exactly, specially because how Cassell already say he have probably two more yrs in this league, and Hes done. But Shaun will be there ready to step up.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Then we wouldnt have had Chalmers. And he might have added more incentive for the T-Wolves to trade Cassell. But probably not but Livingston is much better for the future of this team than Okafor because of the old back court.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Okafor would have trouble getting playing time on the Clipper team. I dont think dunleavvy would be starting okafor at PF and brand at Center... Thats not to say okafor isnt a good player, its just that he plays a position that isnt of need.

Clippers did fine picking shaun. None of the other players AT THE TIME warranted a pick.

I think the real flub of that draft was the 2nd round pick. Remember, we got an extra 2 picks from charlotte. One was daniel ewing i think, strange pick at the time, but might not end up being a bad selection. The one that killed us though was getting chalmers last year when there were plenty of other more deserving players. Remember, at the TIME last year, shaun was the right pick...but, at the TIME last year, in RETROSPECT now, no matter how you look at it, chalmers was a terrible pick in the second round last year.

Picking up ariza, duhon, or even a ha seung jin (instead of having to pay n'diyaye 750K last year), would have made the okafor/livingston trade look a lot better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah the second round pick is what pissed people off. I wanted us to draft Ariza but no we take a giant reach on Chalmers who may not have been drafted at all.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Funny thing is, the clipps usually seem to go for the duke guy, but in this case they didnt go for duhon.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Clippers have a power forward that is better than howard or okafor. That's why the pick was useless to us, and let's be honest, this thread is by ballscientist (aka total nonsense)

Maybe they'll be better in the future, but brand is a bonafide top tier PF right now, no what-ifs or potential involved.

The only player the clippers could have maybe chosen instead of livingston was Gordon.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
leidout said:
Clippers have a power forward that is better than howard or okafor. That's why the pick was useless to us, and let's be honest, this thread is by ballscientist (aka total nonsense)
True, and whats up with him never responding to his own posts? I hate that crap.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
This is a stupid *** thread. Livi will be a superstar. Lets not forget this is only his second year who has had some bad luck with injuries. There is no need for Okafor, we have some guy named Brand.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
well,

i saw Mr. Livingston hahaha

play games last year and i mean, yea he dished out the rock nicely.....

got open shots for the team, ....but i noticed his shooting wasnt so good.....

and this whole him being great in the future.....

why so??

who exactly do the Clippers think he is gonna be, they are really high on him...

im not knocking him... i like him of course he is a Clipper but....

i really dont know .....can someone fill me in i havent since sparks of greatness, am i missing

something?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts