Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, since were most likely not making the playoffs, that means we have to keep our draft pick this year, which sucks, since its such a weak draft, and we lose our pick next year in a stronger draft.

So, if DO NOT get a superstar SF/SG player this offseason, ala allen, redd, iverson in a trade, or something like that, then its a no brainer. Our lottery pick we use to get a SG/SF. Since we probably will have the 8-12 pick, we have a chance at getting one of the top 2 SG/SF since the top of the draft is PG/C/PF heavy. But, what if we DO get allen, do we still use the top pick for that position? I say no since we will have ross, superstar, magette or simmons, jaric at that position. Dont want to use a lottery pick for someone who will be riding the end of the bench, UNLESS we get alexesandrof or some developmental player. If we lose rebraca, moore, wilcox, 1 or 2 of them, i say we go for a PF/C in the first round, someone who could be the first or second guy off the bench in the front court.

In the second round, Id either like to get a euro that we can stash for a couple of years like a jaric or sofo, perhaps a high school player who falls who we can develop, or someone like robinson who can replace chalmers.

What positions do you think the clippers should go after? Anyone in the draft in particular youd like to see them get?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I think the Clipes should definetly get Gerald Green if he is availabe the wings in this draft arent that good. But I think he will turn out to be the best. If not him then maybe trade down and get Danny Granger. In the second round I think they should go after either Nate Robinson for a change of pace guard off the bench like Boykins was. Or get a shooter in Stoudamire he could play with Livingston plus I think he can play some point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts