Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could be picks 22 and 25 if things keep going in this direction. That's helpful if you want to trade up. The higher that pick goes the better chance the Nets have of trading for pick just outside the lottery. On the other hand, in a deep draft, there usually isnt that much difference between players taken at 16 and 25 so better to use both, unless you want to cheap it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
could be picks 22 and 25 if things keep going in this direction. That's helpful if you want to trade up. The higher that pick goes the better chance the Nets have of trading for pick just outside the lottery. On the other hand, in a deep draft, there usually isnt that much difference between players taken at 16 and 25 so better to use both, unless you want to cheap it out.
Depending on who declares it may not be that deep.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
The worst thing about the Clippers' season is that they are going to get killed in the first round because of the strange playoff system.

I really think they should just get rid of the divisions and just seed the teams by record only.

Being a division champion means nothing to anyone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,222 Posts
ghoti said:
The worst thing about the Clippers' season is that they are going to get killed in the first round because of the strange playoff system.
If they lose tonight, they'll be tied with Memphis, and Memphis leads the series 2-1 with 1 to play. It could go down to the wire.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
Aurelino said:
If they lose tonight, they'll be tied with Memphis, and Memphis leads the series 2-1 with 1 to play. It could go down to the wire.
That's an even better reason to get rid of divisions.

Maybe Memphis will start tanking, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,115 Posts
I think the best-case scenario right now is the #24 pick for the Nets and the #19 pick for the Clippers. The Nets and Cleveland will obviously be #24 and #25 in some order. If the teams finish with identical records, I have no idea which team gets the earlier pick. Nets went 2-2 against the Cavs this season. Is conference record the next tiebreaker? The Nets and Cleveland have the same number of conference wins (Cleveland currently has one more loss).

As for the Clippers, right now, the #21-#23 picks will go to the Clippers, Memphis, and Denver in some order. The teams are essentially tied in the standings. Sacramento and the Lakers are a few games back, but it is not impossible for one or both to pass the Clippers. Note that the Clippers are something like 15-16 in their last 31 games. It really is just their 14-5 start that is keeping the team afloat (and a couple of key victories in the past two months over San Antonio, Phoenix and Denver). If the Clippers go 1-4 to finish the season, it is possible that the Lakers and/or Sacramento could catch them. I'd be happy with the #21 pick. When you think about it, had the Clippers duplicated their recent 15-16 record over the course of the season, they'd have something around the 14-17 pick--not all that better than #21.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top