Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after Kandi goes away, at least 2 teams will give Brand a max and at least 3 teams will give Miller a max. If Clippers sign both Brand and Miller the max, Clippers will be down for next 7 years (to 2010). Why?

Clippers can only sign one more starter Maggette because salary-cap is 40.27M. ( It is not worth spending the money over the Cap)
Most of talented benches have to go away too because of LX taxes.


Clippers are down from the years 1980 to 2010.
 

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
IMO they might rebuild the team. Trade Miller to Nugget for 02-03 first round draft and trade Brand to knicks for their 02-03 first round draft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FatDaddy</b>!
after Kandi goes away, at least 2 teams will give Brand a max and at least 3 teams will give Miller a max. If Clippers sign both Brand and Miller the max, Clippers will be down for next 7 years (to 2010). Why?

Clippers can only sign one more starter Maggette because salary-cap is 40.27M. ( It is not worth spending the money over the Cap)
Most of talented benches have to go away too because of LX taxes.
It is worth spending over the salary cap. It isn't worth spending over the luxury tax level unless you win several championships. It is probably not worth spending much under the luxury tax level either as long as you make good decision on who to spend on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
What would be the point of trading guys for picks and rebuilding AGAIN? The Clippers assembled enough talent to get the job done. It has to be retained, pure and simple. If not, the only thing that needs to be traded is Donald himself.
 

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
source: NBA.com
kandi's 9.5 points per game (career )
Kandi's 40.1 minutes, 15.5 points per game (this season)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
IMO they might rebuild the team. Trade Miller to Nugget for 02-03 first round draft and trade Brand to knicks for their 02-03 first round draft.
No one will trade a 02-03 draft pick that could be LeBron for either Brand or Miller until they know they aren't getting LeBron.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Peter Vescey</b>!
What would be the point of trading guys for picks and rebuilding AGAIN? The Clippers assembled enough talent to get the job done. It has to be retained, pure and simple. If not, the only thing that needs to be traded is Donald himself.
I agree, it would be foolish to let them walk now, but we can only wait and see.

-Petey
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JoeF</b>!
No one will trade a 02-03 draft pick that could be LeBron for either Brand or Miller until they know they aren't getting LeBron.
Yes, I would agree, and with these players these teams would move up... or have to rely on luck to get good picks, doesn't make sense.

-Petey
 

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
Clippers GM doesn't have a long term plan. They should not have so many FA talents.
Kiki wants to spend $22m on Miller and Maggette.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top