Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its half and I have a question for those of you who are watching.

Would you agree with me when I say that the clips are a better team when there center can play up high and beyond the arc. As soon as Zhi Zhi came in all they did was pick and roll with Dooling and it either led to a layup, I nice drop off pass for a Brand dunk, or a wide open 3 witch is gonna get drained by Wang at a 40% clip. Kandi stiffles the offense MOST of the time he's in. A center who can shoot draws the opposing teams basket defense (center) away and allows for the athletic players that the clippers have to slash and drive, then finish or lay it off without a the threat of a shotblocker.

What do you guys think?

:wave: Kandi, dont let the door hit ya!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hey There,

I didn't see the game but listened to it off and on. I did hear that Maggett had a 30 pt game, the first one on the team to do that this year. It also seemed Miller was struggling in the 4th down the stretch.

I didn't realized Wang had gotten in the game, but I did hear Gentry take Kandi out during the last few seconds (on offense), but brought him back in for defense. THAT was a surprise to me, because I don't remember too much strategizing by Gentry. Then again, it's no fun when I have to LISTEN to the games.

I personally believe, Wang is the type of center this team needs. HE can be the role player needed. He is not working for a contract and is NOT focused on offensive scoring.

Damn, there are at least 3 games the Clippers should have won, this was one of them. (I pull for the Kings as well, just not against the Clippers :) )

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kandi has a bad night last night. he scored 8 points (4-14) in 43 minutes. He did not get close to the opponents when he play defense because he wanted to protect himself. You have to understand Stats are more important than wins.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Stats are more important than wins? wow I didnt know that. I must have been living in a cave.

Well lets forget trying to win anymore games. As long as we look pretty on paper we will be alright:rolleyes:

Im just wondering how old r u?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FatDaddy</b>!
Kandi has a bad night last night. he scored 8 points (4-14) in 43 minutes. He did not get close to the opponents when he play defense because he wanted to protect himself. You have to understand Stats are more important than wins.
Only to the Kandi man being that this is a contract year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts