Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know whether they're tanking games or not but they have lost 3 out of 4 and last night they barely beat Portland. As a result, Memphis is now half a game ahead of the Clips, and they also lead the regular season series 2-1 with one to play. The difference between being the #5 seed and the #6 seed in the west is huge this year (playing SA/Dallas or Denver), and Clippers might end up benefitting from these losses.

Reactions: SlamJam

· Registered
4,566 Posts
yea the possibility of them "tanking" is slim, but you nevr know, but i have seen these

games and they just play like ****, like they have played several times in the season, it doesnt

really look like they play with a lackluster effort, in one game sam evenn Salmmed the ball down

to the floor in frustration on how they were playing...so i doubt they are "tanking" but who knows....

i really think if they are its stupid, cuz if they play like they are playing right now they are not

going to BEAT NOBODY THEY PLAY either the MAVS or Nuggets so they are stupid if they are

"tanking"

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Even if they're tanking games, who says it's wrong to do it?

It's the same thing as hack-a-Shaq. It seems like there's something wrong with it, but it's just part of a strategy, there's nothing wrong with it.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
the operative word is 'position'

theyre not 'tanking' they're positioning themselves for the best position to win.

Reactions: SlamJam

· Registered
9,134 Posts
They are tanking, which will affect them because this is NOT a veteran team that can switch from losses to wins like nothing, I'm afraid the losing mentality will be in the minds of Kaman, Livingston, Radmanovic, and everyone else, maybe even affect Brand and Maggette as well.

· Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sir Patchwork said:
I doubt they're tanking, but who could blame them if they were. The 6th seed is better than the 5th seed. If they stay worse than the Grizzlies, their chances of making the WCF are a million times better.
I like it. Like you said, their chances of making the ECF are soo much better. I like the team and would like to see them go far in the playoffs. I think they can beat the Suns in the second round if those teams meet.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
qrich1fan said:
They are tanking, which will affect them because this is NOT a veteran team that can switch from losses to wins like nothing, I'm afraid the losing mentality will be in the minds of Kaman, Livingston, Radmanovic, and everyone else, maybe even affect Brand and Maggette as well.
omg i was thinking if they WERE really trying to tank, this is a very stupid way of doing it. dunleavy should be resting their starters, more importnatly, brand cassell and kaman. taht way, they actually have an excuse for tanking and resting the starters at the same time. mike dunleavy should really consider this as there is no point in winning the rest of the games anymore

· Registered
14,055 Posts
would people be more accepting if they called it positioning rather than tanking

· Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,781 Posts
Never a good idea to limp into the playoffs. Good luck with playing Denver and be careful what you wish for....

· Registered
4,300 Posts
I dont think they are tanking, but I would be very happy if we finish 6th and not 5th.

Really, we have some injury issues and already clinched, so.... Maggs is out, we are letting Cassell rest up and get healthy, Radman has some small injury issues, and Dunleavy is letting the reserves get back into the swing of things.

Livingston, Rebracca, Singleton, and Ewing, are all getting minutes to cover for the starters while getting ready for the playoffs by playing extended minutes.

· Registered
2,080 Posts
NugzFan said:
Look at you posting on a clippers thread. Where are you when your team is playing them and LOSING, nowhere to be found. Throwing things around in a tantrum like Carmelo?
Well at least your already use to it, cause everyone knows its gonna be the same way in the playoffs.

· Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THE'clip'SHOW said:
Look at you posting on a clippers thread. Where are you when your team is playing them and LOSING, nowhere to be found. Throwing things around in a tantrum like Carmelo?
Well at least your already use to it, cause everyone knows its gonna be the same way in the playoffs.
The Nuggets won't be pushovers in the playoffs, although their health is an issue.

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Grizzlies are for real :clap: .I think it's a great achievement that Grizz have the 4th best record in the West.Grizz are much better than Clippers

· Registered
5,522 Posts
qrich1fan said:
loss to kings, lost to lakers badly, loses to dallas, barely beats portland at home, losing by 10 to sonics...yeah, they arent tanking.

· Registered
5,522 Posts
THE'clip'SHOW said:
and this is why i dont respect clipper fans :laugh:

quit whining...dear god, just for one second.

and did you just mention "used to losing"? dude...seriously...l.o.l.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.