Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clippers now have a crap-load of talent in the front court.

Elton Brand
Chris Wilcox
Melvin Ely

Either, as Charles Barkley stated, they are just stupid or they are planning a trade. So who could they be trying to get here?

I think its pretty obvious that they could use a point guard, Andre Miller? Baron Davis? I have no idea right now

But, if they managed to get Miller or Baron, think of how sweet their lineup would be.

PG: Andre Miller/ Baron Davis (one of those)
SG: Quentin Richardson
SF: Lamar Odom (if he returns)
PF: Elton Brand/ Wilcox or Ely, or both, or niether, hey, they still have brand!
C: Kandi man, if he stays, if he doesnt, they have trouble

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Maggette, Wilcox and some cash to Cleveland for Andre Miller.:yes: :yes: :yes:

Clippers lineup:
C:The Kandi Man/Rooks
PF: Brand/Ely
SF: Odom/Miles/Tremaine Foulkes
SG: Q/Pike
PG:Miller/Jaric/Dooling

Oh, and the Clippers get into the Playoffs!!!:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by 76erPhan
baron isnt going anywhere , unless they get overwhelmed with an offer.... hes the hornets best player. nuff said
Nope, thats not enough said.

You forget the most important info in the Baron Davis situation.

He doesn't want to be there and will not re-sign when he's a FA.

The team will definitely move him. I don't know if it'll be this offseason, or where it will be, but he will get dealt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
KEEP WISHING

Originally posted by The X Factor

Clippers lineup:

the clips already offered odom,8,12 for miller...so that said..the trade could be odom,wilcox and ely for dre or odom,wilcox,maggetee and some cash for dre...or brand and odom for dre and mihm

·
Registered
872 Posts
Originally posted by 76erPhan
baron isnt going anywhere , unless they get overwhelmed with an offer.... hes the hornets best player. nuff said
you need to read the news.. and look at what have hapened before with hornets

baron davis don´t wants to play there, and he would force a trade to leave the team.. just like eddie jones, alonzo mourning, larry johnson, antony mason, vlade divac, glen rice, and some others all they signed with other teams or asked for trade. there aren't much players who want to play in New Orleans right now.. i expect baron to leave very soon no matter if he is the hornets best player. (alonzo mourning, glen rice and eddie jones were in their time no?) . NUFF SAID

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: KEEP WISHING

Originally posted by Cleveland Browns

the clips already offered odom,8,12 for miller...so that said..the trade could be odom,wilcox and ely for dre or odom,wilcox,maggetee and some cash for dre...or brand and odom for dre and mihm
brand and odom for dre and mihm? Lol i think Brand alone its worth that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with Carlos. Brand is worth your whole sorry team. And there is no way he is leaving LA. The Clips won't trade Brand, Q, Darius, or LO so just stop thinking up crazy trades involving players that won't be traded.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

There is absolutly no way that the clipps give away odom, ely, and wilcox for dre. Thats just way to much talented youth to give away.

The more realistic trade would be

Wilcox, Maggete, and some cash for Andre Miller

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by The X Factor

Clippers lineup:

That would definitly be the spring they need to get to the playoffs, i can just see it now "Miller to Brand, Ali-ooouupp" What a pass by Andre Miller!!!"

"Odom with a nice crossover into the lane, and hes on fire!!!"

Ahhh, the sweet smell of a new big time team

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by basketball_jesus
Sigh. That Clip team would kill. Past the first round easily.
lol, past the first round and into the finals!

Man, thats a whole team of all-stars or future all-stars

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

Sorry, but that last trade offer (Brand and Odom for Miller and Mihm) was the stupidest most one sided trade I've ever heard of. Oh yeah, an All-Star and a great player for a good PG and a scrub.:rolleyes: I do not think so. Why would the Clippers trade Brand? He's young, a great player and is a leader, he's not going anywhere.:no:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts