Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wilcox is buried on the Clippers bench and might blossom for the purple and gold. Who would you ship across the hall? Chris and Lamar could comiserate their Clipper misery and prove their worth. At this point, isn't it worth taking a chance? Hell, he might light a fire under Kwame, when he comes back from the IR.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Here's an idea.....Why don't we try and get someone who IS ACTUALLY PLAYING WELL NOW ??

Every player we have outside of Kobe was somebody's bench warmer or some guy who never lived up to the hype. Let's get some guys who actually do produce every night.

Wilcox will score some points but, you need a PF to scrap and battle under the basket. Wilcox refuses to do that, that is why he doesn't play. It would be like having two Cooks and one is too many!!

Reactions: BBB

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
LA68 said:
Here's an idea.....Why don't we try and get someone who IS ACTUALLY PLAYING WELL NOW ??

Every player we have outside of Kobe was somebody's bench warmer or some guy who never lived up to the hype. Let's get some guys who actually do produce every night.

Wilcox will score some points but, you need a PF to scrap and battle under the basket. Wilcox refuses to do that, that is why he doesn't play. It would be like having two Cooks and one is too many!!
Yeah, Wilcox has been an underachiever so far in his career.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
yeah hes no better than kwame brown whats the point of wasting a 1st rounder

·
Registered
90 Posts
he was aight last year. he started ta play gud

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
LA68 said:

And what assets do you have to do that?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Look, Wilcox is a good player. The thing is that he doesn't show it because he doesn't get enough playing time. Last year he showed that if given the minutes he would be able to produce. The problem is that he is playing behind one of the best power forwards in the league. You guys think that Dunleavy is going to give Wilcox more minutes the way Brand is playing?? Excuse me, Mr MVP so far.

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Serg LeMagnifique said:
Look, Wilcox is a good player. The thing is that he doesn't show it because he doesn't get enough playing time. Last year he showed that if given the minutes he would be able to produce. The problem is that he is playing behind one of the best power forwards in the league. You guys think that Dunleavy is going to give Wilcox more minutes the way Brand is playing?? Excuse me, Mr MVP so far.

Your descrbing Kwame haha :curse:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wilcox is a beast in the post. He can score and he goes hard. He may not have lived up to his billing, but if he could be had for cheap then I would definatly like to see him in a Lakers uni. He may not be the answer we need upfront long term, but he would give us some depth.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I'm a clipper fan, and personally i don't like Wilcox much at all. He's sort of exciting and flashy type of player but lacks good fundamentals. He excels in high tempo basketball.

But on the other hand, he'd absolutely be an upgrade to the current lakers bigmen, if given starting minutes, he's probably a notch above Chris Mihm.

The lakers need to stop dreaming about superstar players two years down the line, and just build a solid group that can compete. What kind of superstar player wants to come and be 2nd banana to Kobe and.... no one else.

Like Bynum looks like a good player, but when is he going to be ready? 3-4 years down the line when Kobe is 30 and he'll be a restricted free agent? They're really better off with Wilcox because he could help out right now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ShowTimeLakers2005 said:
I will give McKee or Slava for wilcox

that would be a great trade to have a good back pf or cener but it wont happen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts