Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i agree. They have a young club with the potential to be very exciting in the near futre and very good. But history tells us, they wont sign all the FA. Some will go. I bet if lac draft a center, kandi will be gone and look for the clippers to move odom also. That being said, i think it would be a mistake to draft a center and throw him into the fire with a young team making a playoff run. Expecially out west. You really need a more veteran center.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, the team will need to manage the talent more wisely than they have in years past. It shouldn't be difficult to improve upon those past blunders. Then again, that's probably the mentality some fans have had in years past, and look what has happened. ;)

I'm just keeping in mind that this is the most talented Clippers team Los Angeles has ever had. My opinion, of course. Some may make an argument for the 1992-93 team, but the present bunch is still an impressive one overall. If not-so sterling Donald screws this one up, the fanbase may just react like that of the Charlotte Hornets.

The NBA certainly wouldn't want that.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I beleive the Clippers have a chance to do some serious damage in the future, With that said it's impossible to have as much young talent as they have without exceeding the salary cap by millions.

The first thing the Clippers need to do is get a good veteran. I know that's what everyone says but if they can manage to get a talented starting Veteran they will be in great shape.

It cant be measured in words what a solid veteran does for a team with young talent. Players the clippers should look at are.

-Elden Cambell= With the play of Maggloire Elden seems to be on the block in Charlotte I mean New Orleans. The clips dont have to re-sign Kandi if the get Elden. He's a solid NBA veteran who will provide leader ship and direction for the young team.

- Juwan Howard= Another player with grit and knows what it takes to be in the playoffs. Nuggets would pretty much want any of the young guys on LA

-Vin Baker- Allways on the block. A great bang up combo him and Elton would make.

Clippers get one of those guys maybe a sign and trade deal with Kandi and a 2nd rounder. Things will look great for the clippers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like Elden a lot because he will be a hell of a lot cheaper than Kandi and will provide the same product Kandi does. I dont really want the other two though. Howard is overpaid and Baker is always hurt.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by Junkie101
I beleive the Clippers have a chance to do some serious damage in the future, With that said it's impossible to have as much young talent as they have without exceeding the salary cap by millions.

The first thing the Clippers need to do is get a good veteran. I know that's what everyone says but if they can manage to get a talented starting Veteran they will be in great shape.

It cant be measured in words what a solid veteran does for a team with young talent. Players the clippers should look at are.

-Elden Cambell= With the play of Maggloire Elden seems to be on the block in Charlotte I mean New Orleans. The clips dont have to re-sign Kandi if the get Elden. He's a solid NBA veteran who will provide leader ship and direction for the young team.

- Juwan Howard= Another player with grit and knows what it takes to be in the playoffs. Nuggets would pretty much want any of the young guys on LA

-Vin Baker- Allways on the block. A great bang up combo him and Elton would make.

Clippers get one of those guys maybe a sign and trade deal with Kandi and a 2nd rounder. Things will look great for the clippers
You'd probably have to go with Campbell over Howard, due to the pricetag that comes with Juwan. Still, either would be great for a young team

1 - 7 of 7 Posts