1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whatever:

Kannelis is a joke.

He wants to run Crawford out of town.

I'm sick of the losing too, but there are reasons for why its been happening and the fact that those reasons get ignored because of the whole "no excuses" thing, pisses me off. I'll flat out say it pisses me off.

Everytime we start building a team, we hit the panic button, trade everybody, and they become good players elsewhere.

Just trading Crawford because he has value doesn't mean its a good idea.

Crawford's ultimate value is his ability to open it up for Hinrich, Curry, and Chandler.

Who I want to see play a whole season together, starting.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!
:whatever:

Kannelis is a joke.

He wants to run Crawford out of town.

I'm sick of the losing too, but there are reasons for why its been happening and the fact that those reasons get ignored because of the whole "no excuses" thing, pisses me off. I'll flat out say it pisses me off.

Everytime we start building a team, we hit the panic button, trade everybody, and they become good players elsewhere.

Just trading Crawford because he has value doesn't mean its a good idea.

Crawford's ultimate value is his ability to open it up for Hinrich, Curry, and Chandler.

Who I want to see play a whole season together, starting.
I totally agree with you. I actually called in last Monday (and again tonight :D ) when he and Bloomberg were on and basically made the exact same points you just did and he totally disagreed. He's apparently "tired of all the rebuilding." Well, obviously we all are but the last thing we need to do is start trading 21-year old lottery picks. How 'bout we let this team stay together and develop some cohesion under an experienced head coach who actually looks like he knows what he's doing most of the time. It's the first time we've had that during the rebuilding.

I'm also not a big fan of Cannellis, who even swore last week after I brought up the word "patience!" He comes off a little cocky and pretentious to me, but the one thing I'll give him is he does like talking Bulls, which is nice in this football city.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have little in common with the man except...

We're both Bulls fans

We're both Sox fans

and

We're both white

Other than that, we're different.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
You can be tired of the rebuilding all you want, but if you don't get back good players in your trades you're not going to stop rebuilding.

Hell, as any casual inspection of this board shows, I'm not opposed to trading anyone :yes:. But if we make another short-sighted trade that bites us in the ***... that's not gonna help at all. Don't be desperate... be smart and take advantage of someone else. It doesn't have to be a big deal, just find someone who can help... every little bit helps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lou is a wierdo. I used to work out at the Gold Coast Multiplex and used to see him there a lot. For some strange reason, the dude keeps looking at me. I don't know why. I don't know if they're dirty looks, or 'im gay' looks, but whatever, it creeped me out. All I know is I'd be waaaay over here by the bench machine and he'd be waaaaaay over there by the free weights and BAM he's looking at me again!:confused:

Anyways, sorry if that creeped you guys out before bed, but maybe I can sleep better having shared it. :uhoh:

·
Registered
974 Posts
i love the people who want to keep crawford, curry, chandler and have them grow and develop discover. How many more seasons of running the team into the ground we have to put up with b4 we say good-bye to them?

All this talk of how we cant tear down what we are building up...why not? The foundation of this team is held together by Elmer's Glue!

Trading Curry and Jamal would be the smartest thing we could do. We get rid of two heartless, no defense playing guys. We trade crawford and maytbe end up witha player around the caliber of Q. Come draft day we get okafor and move Curry for a stud SF. Bring in a quality player via the MLE and we have a nice team that should compete for the playoffs.

We go with the plan of keeping these guys what are our options? sign jamal toa long term deal? are you serious? I hate how the foundation of our supposed future is based upon 2 guys who cant play defense, and have zero consistency.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who says they're heartless?

I resent that attitude. These are kids who are stressed out enough about their job security and have to hear how faithless fans don't believe in them.

You have to believe in your players.

Plus, not having Chandler is absolutely killing this team. As a fan, you should know what he brings offensively and defensively. He helps increase our output on both ends of the court.

Crawford has been improving lately under Skiles. If you read my other thread of how I stand on the issue, you would read that Scott Skiles will be the best coach for Jamal Crawford, plain and simple. To help him defesively and to help him train. Scott is going to get Jamal to where he needs to be and that is his job as a coach.

Eddy will get it, though its frustrating. He just needs confidence. This whole thing with Eddy is all mental. He's in his head. Management is in his head. He needs to just relax and clear his mind and realize that he just needs to stay focused on what he can do. Play within the game and take what his opponents give him and in reality, there is practically no one in this league who can hold Eddy down in the post.

I don't think you give up on players like this when you make a major coaching change, make a major trade, and throw that in with the multitude of injuries especially to the heart and soul of our team in Tyson Chandler.

These facts cannot be ignored. I think these guys should get a training camp with Skiles before we start shipping them. If they don't respond, then trade them. I think that's more than fair and I believe that they would agree.

They know they have to get a job done and I doubt there are many harsher critics than themselves for not getting it done. I see it in games when Crawford grimices about a shot or a decision he made on the court knowing that it affects the course of the game and the team's position within the basketball game.

Crawford doesn't deserve a max deal and he would agree. But he's not worthless without heart. I see a heart in Jamal that most do not see and his willingness to be open to play for Scott because he actually believes in what Jamal can do, not only for himself, but for his team as well. Both offensively and defensively.

Jamal's defense has been improving lately, and I hope the trend continues as he learns to play within the system and pray to God that when Tyson comes back, these "these guys are worthless with no heart" posts/threads cease. These guys can perform, they've proven it. You have to focus in on why in certain ball games this team has not been successful.

Some of it is coaching, some of it is injuries, some of it is player decisions.

Just focus on the fact that these guys are at the right age for Scott to mold their minds. If you give them these guys for a few years, they will mold not into just a good team, but into a championship caliber team.

These guys are 21, 21, 23, 23(24)...plus this upcoming pick.

We have to recognize how we have such a young core and I am sure that Scott looks forward to molding these guys into a team.

Like evolution, I believe the Bulls are trying to find that "missing link". Their Toni Kukoc. Someone who can play that spot after the starters come out and perform at a high level providing offense. I don't question the defense from our reserves, I question the lack of offensivive continuity with our second core and frankly we don't have the kind of firepower coming out of our second unit and it's keeping us down which would make Eric Williams a great choice for the MLE. He can provide the necessary offense and defense we need out of our second unit to give it more consistency.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
nice post wookie!

If my opinion mattered. I would keep all three. But what makes it difficult about Crawford is the fact that he is a RFA next season. WE can sign him and keep him one more season, but at what cost? Personally I think he needs another scorer in here. Curry was suppose to be that scorer. But it loks like that won't happen this season. Rose was suppose to be the other scorer. But for some reason, he didn't bring it this year. So what do we do?

Crawford trade rumors has to be true. Somewhat. If they are correct, I hope John gets some good players/player back in return. S Anderson and Williams will not do it!

If I were John, I would not trade Crawford for just anybody. I do agree wookie, his game is getting better. Shot selection is still bad, but improving. I think if he had another scorer, those bad shots would go down. I believe he won't feel the pressure to HAVE to take a shot.

Curry and chandler will be here at least another season. Unless a very good trade comes our way, you can count on that.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Great post Wookie. I am in complete agreement with you. I'm also sick of hearing about the kids not having any heart. What they don't have is a reliable small forward and some nice pieces around them.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
How come Chicagoans are so patient w/ The Bears, Cubs and Sox but not the Bulls? The Bears have sucked for 18 years and people are all gooey b/c a few rookies played decent.

The Bulls are the most successful franchise in Chicago history and have been successful the most recently and people are acting like it's the worst franchise. In my opinion it's the best franchise.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
John,

A lot of people raised their eyebrows when the Bulls picked Kirk Hinrich in last year's draft. It was drafting another point guard again and some people believed there were better players still available on the board.

However, it pleasantly seems that Kirk has proven any doubts to be misplaced. He appears to be the hardest working player on the Bulls' roster and his contributions to the team in his rookie season are much greater than what many people expected.

So, my question is, what is it in Kirk that you saw that made you believe he was the right pick on the board? Did you believe he would be this good this quickly? From a more general standpoint, what is it that you are looking for in a draft pick that convinces you that a particular person is the right choice over all of the others available? What sort of qualities will you be looking to add to this team in this year's draft?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wookie i have read your stuff on here and realgm and i know how much you adore jamal. My comments about eddy being heartless are dead on, maybe i fell in the trap of lumping jamal with eddy, but there are little things that bug the crap out of me with jamal.

LIke how he refuses to take a charge. I have seen many times wh ere he willl just swipe at the ball instead of moving his feet and get in position to take a charge. Another thing is he doesnt dive for loose balls (yes i know that sounds petty).

If Jamal is looking for money around 4-5 million i could deal with signing him to a long term deal. He's not the perfect player for us, but he does good things when he is reigned on offense. However, call me crazy but i have a feeling jamal will be seeking 6-8million a year, and that is somethign i wouldnt match or pay.

Maybe you have more faith in the youth then i do, but after watching this season i have zero confidence with the kids. With Chandler, this team might get a ffew more wins, but its not like he was the x-factor. The only way to win with this group would be to get a superstar 2 or 3 which will never happen.

I do have a question for you Wookie: seriously...if we bring back everyone after giving jamal a 1 year deal. Added with the MLE, chandler, maybe okafor, and this team is still playing bad and maybe ends the season with about 27, 28 losses. Would you still be saying give the kids time to grow?

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
remlover --

My advice in this argument is:

Let the Wookie Win!!!

:D

I like your thinking, Wookie...

And I think Kannelis and Marriotti have some kind of sidebet about who can do the most soapbox grandstanding with their "run X player out of town crusades.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has been my position remlover that the youth should get one more offseason together and a training camp with Scott Skiles. I think he deserves a chance to make it work and I believe he can make it work.

If they still don't respond, then its time to make a move. Then I'm full go on the idea of changing direction.

I think when you look at the changes that this team has gone through combined with injuries to key players...one has to take all of that into consideration.

This was supposed to be Tyson's breakout year and it looked early on that it was going to be. But since he's been out we have lost a complete dimension of our basketball team and its been hurting everyone.

I'm glad he's coming back Saturday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts