10. Tracy McGrady

Make your own, its fun :yes:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jason Terry belongs up there.I bet you 100 smackers
coaches fear him with the game on the line.Chicago
seems to be his favorite to pick on.

I'd remove KG from that list for someone else.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Any clutch-list that doesn't include Reggie Miller doesn't look right.

It's called Miller Time for a reason. Ask the Knicks fans why.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I agree....KG is a great player,but how can you put
him on that list to leave Reggie off?Reggie has killed
us Hawk fans too ALOT of times and I don't like
him personally....but you can't leave him off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When it comes to clutch Reggie Miller has a Shaq-like dominance. Noone else is even close.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
You don't even have Kobe Bryant on that list, he's second to Horry, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure Shaq should be on that list though. He hits his free throws when it counts, but he doesn't get the ball much when it's going down to the wire.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
1. Miller
2. Tim Hardaway
3. Horry
4. Ivy
5. Pierce
6. Peja
7. K.G.
8. Kobe
9. Allen
10. Nash
11. T-Mac
12. Carter
13. Bibby
14. Stockton

The list goes on......

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
You don't even have Kobe Bryant on that list, he's second to Horry, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure Shaq should be on that list though. He hits his free throws when it counts, but he doesn't get the ball much when it's going down to the wire.

no way is Kobe clutch, I have seen him miss more in the clutch than make...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Top Clutch players:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Reggie Miller
3. Robert Horry
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Allen Iverson
6. Jason Kidd
7. Gary Payton
8. Karl Malone
9. John Stockton
10. Tracy McGrady

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23

no way is Kobe clutch, I have seen him miss more in the clutch than make...
Uuuhhh...have you watched the last three NBA Finals. Kobe killed the Pacers, Sixers, and Nets in atleast two games in every one of those series. You can't expect a player to make 60% of the clutch shots he takes, of course he's going to miss a few.

Kobe missed a lot of clutch shots earlier in his career. If you ask anyone who really knows the game, they'll tell you that Kobe Bryant is one of the most clutch players in the game.

It's ridiculous, after watching all of the Playoff games in the past few years, and then say that Kobe Bryant doesn't make shots when it counts. He gets the ball when the game is on the line, and he delivers. He didn't earlier in his career, but now you do not want to see Kobe Bryant with the ball when the clock is winding down.

How can you watch the Kings and Nets series, and then say that he didn't make shots when he needed to? He was the one who rescued them when it counted, saying he isn't clutch is plain stupid.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
I would definately take MJ to hit the last shot of my game. Horry is overrated and you know it. Reggie Miller thinks he is clutch and keeps wishing he could be.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anymore, IMO, the only thing Robert Horry is really good at is hitting shots that matter. He seems to be one of the few players that doesn't shake like jell-O when taking a big-time shot.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Take off Shaq and KG and put on Reggie and Kobe.

Where is MJ on this list. He is the mst clutch player of all time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
X-factor, you made the only list that actually makes sense. Kobe is the most clutch playe rint he NBA under 30. The only tihng I would change would be replace T-Mac with Baron Davis. T-mac is far from clutch, he plays with no heart and usually doesn't want to take the last shot.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Well thanks, I didn't really know who to put in that ten spot. I'm not sure about McGrady, but I also don't think Baron Davis should be in there.

Stojakovic hits shots when they count, but I wouldn't put him top 10. Sam Cassell, as much as I hate him, does hit shots in the fourth quarter.

Maybe Tim Duncan? He'll step up a notch when the game is on the line.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Millers the #1 clutch player I've ever seen including Jordan. Miller is ahead of Jordan when it comes to clutch, Miller hits freaky shots that seem impossible, the that 45 footer against the Nets and the 8 points in 8.9 seconds against the Knicks. Jordan just hits regular old 15 or so foot jump shots, shots "he's getting paid to hit" according to most of you all (atleast thats what you say when guys like Mike Bibby hit them). I read something about Miller that said, I believce it was 2 years ago, during the entire season Miller was like 14 for 16 in "clutch shots" (shots that either gave thge Pacers the lead or made it more than a 3 point game in the final minute of the game, something like that) Anyways, 14 for 16 is unreal. damn. Also, how come some of you people say Jordans the greatest at everything? I mean come on, sure he was the greatest player ever, but there's really no single category he's the all-time best in except for maybe competitivness, he's just the best all-around player ever. I mean, I'm sure some of you people would say Jordans the greatest shot blocker or the greatest rebounder of all-time if asked. Also Horrys way overrated when it comes to clutch. Tell me, when's the last time you saw Horry hit a clutch shot that DID NOT go down like this: "6 seconds to go, Kobe drives to the hoop, Oh! off the iron!, Shaq with the rebound!, oh! he misses a 3 footer!, uh oh, ball CONVIENTLY rolls out to a wide open Robert Horry who's been standing out at the 3 point line for the past 2 hours, Oh! he hits a WIDE OPEN 3 point shot! How Clutch is he!" Sure he hits a good deal of them, but It's clear to see he's just been lucky 90% of the time. And like you guys always say "hitting wide open shot's is what he gets paid to do", right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts