·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds to me like he's going to leave his first match a bloodied mess.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
He has a good camp to train with and will benefit from having elite teammates.

But I don't know what to expect when he first enters the cage.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a big question mark, but outside of the WWE (which is not actually fighting)...he's got nothing to hang his hat on. "He trained with" is nice but he hasn't earned any true titles. He doesn't look like an overbearing athlete (which both Lesnar and Shamrock were). To me it looks like he's going to be in over his head. Not like he's going to fight a champion in his first fight, but there's a real chance he gets his shit rocked if you ask me.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
It is a big question mark, but outside of the WWE (which is not actually fighting)...he's got nothing to hang his hat on. "He trained with" is nice but he hasn't earned any true titles. He doesn't look like an overbearing athlete (which both Lesnar and Shamrock were). To me it looks like he's going to be in over his head. Not like he's going to fight a champion in his first fight, but there's a real chance he gets his shit rocked if you ask me.
Shamrock was UFC before heading to the WWE as well, so he doesn't even really count. Lesnar was basically built like a white Lebron James who did unlimited steroids and HGH.

Unless they throw Punk a complete soft ball, I can see him getting annihilated. Problem is, Dana will absolutely give him a soft ball. "CM Punk VS this guy who is 5-8 and has been out of action for 3 years but looking to get back at it! AND HERE WE GO!"

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
The only reason why Brock successfully made the jump from wrestling to UFC is because he's a freak of nature. Also being a former division 1 NCAA wrestling champion helped too. I'm sure CM Punk is a tough guy and would kick an average guys ass, but this is the UFC. If all it took was one year of training full time to be a UFC fighter, everyone would do it. Kudos to him for trying, but I don't expect him to have a successful career.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts