Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realistically, the Clips shot at the playoffs is heading into the toilet and their chances of keeping this team together is going to get flushed as well.

This from All-Star, all-around good guy and silent leader, Elton Brand:

"Our start is discouraging," said Brand, averaging 15.7 points and 12.8 rebounds. "With all the potential we have, it's tough. When you're playing against a team with cap room, guys want to put up extra shots. It's like guys say, 'OK, they got cap room, I've got to put up 10 extra shots.' But that's the nature of the business. You see other teams. They're trying to lock up as many of their players as they can so they won't have this. I haven't felt it too much yet, but I'm afraid it will get worse."
This just 10 games into the season.

I'm not even remotely suggesting this would be new behavior for pro players, but to me this is easily a make or break year for the Clips.

Win-- grab a playoff spot, re-sign players and start climbing the ladder.

Lose--- slip deeper into the lottery, let big $$$ players leave, start talking up the 'new' young talent.

The boys better start fulfilling some of that promise on the court or free agency just got a whole lot better for the rest of the league next year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts