Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't put more stupids trades or signs
somebody if we sign oak we gonna have a great team c'mon baxter could make the same impact but with more energy

trade vince no no no that never gonna happen

what's the point to make the playoff if we gonna lose in the first round the best thing for the raptors right now is lose lose and lose again and get top 3 pick (dwight howard,okafor,pavel) we need build a team around bosh, howard or okafor or pavel + bosh great frountcourt

and c'mon alvin he should be in the bench...

HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH BOYKINS

alvin stats BOYKINS STATS

PPG 8.5 PPG 10.6
RPG 3.00 RPG 1.80
APG 4.1 APG 4.1

in 30 mpg IN 23 MPG PLUS IN THE STRONG WEST

MAYBE HE PLAY WITH HEART AND BLA BLA BLA BLA BUT HE SHOULD BE ONE OF THE WORST STARTERS IN ALL NBA REMEMBER 30 MPG.

WELL THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION MAYBE YOU ARE AGREE OR MAYBE NOT

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Yeah, maybe not.

If we don't talk about trades, free agents, or rumours, there won't be a whole lot to talk about between games. Besides, if something is reported by the Toronto media, sometimes it is worthy of some discussion.

I don't see why Alvin needs to be on the bench. I don't care if Earl Boykins averages 30/10/10 off the bench, what does that have to do with Alvin?

It's strange that we're 20-21 and already people want us to tank the season. Don't you remember how good it feels to be a playoff team? Anything is possible in the post season.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

ok i'm wrong with that of the first round but i'm so mad and sad
i can't see all raptors game like you only 15 maybe 20 in all season and when the raptors look bad and lose v.s. the bucks or games like that well i'm really dissapoiment.

So imagine the next raptors game in my schedule . Toronto v.s. New York Friday 26 of march can you imagine how mad i am when the last raptors game i saw it's an ugly lost v.s. the bucks

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Man, I don't even understand what your saying.

Bench Alvin because Big Early Boykins puts up better stats in the "STRONG WEST!" where the guard spots are weak. Considering Alvin is injured as well, and playing through his injuries like a warrior. Give me Alvin over Boykins any day.

Your saying do not trade Vince, but your the one who made numerous topics on this board i believe on trade scenarios for him.

I'm sure the raptors are going to tank the second half of the season, just to get a good draft pick. And then they lose the respect of all their fans.

MAYBE HE PLAY WITH HEART AND BLA BLA BLA BLA BUT HE SHOULD BE ONE OF THE WORST STARTERS IN ALL NBA REMEMBER 30 MPG.
What the hell?

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!

i think what carter182 means here is that even though alvin is seen as a player who plays with a ton of heart, his numbers are still not up to snuff. he plays 30 mpg, and while he shows passion/heart (to some people), that doesn't necessarily make a lick of difference if he doesn't produce statistically.

personally, i agree with that idea to a degree. while i don't think that statistics alone provide enough of an indication to comprehensively assert a player's value, i think they are often very useful. identifying "heart" on the court is very, very subjective; in alvin's case, it may just seem like he has more heart than he does simply because of the way he looks, for example. it may have very little to do with heart at all- it may be something completely unrelated that leads some fans to see that quality in him.

now, i'm not saying it does or it doesn't, i'm not saying he is or he isn't a player with a lot of heart. i personally don't know. but the point that he doesn't put up the same numbers as some of his peers in the league (like earl boykins, i guess) shows that, statistically, he is INDEED inferior.

i think a lot of raptors hide behind masks that have been tagged on them by the media/analysts/fans/execs. alvin is perceived as really "tough" just like michael curry is seen as a "leader" or donyell marshall is seen as "classy". it's like they sometimes don't need to perform because they'll always have those perceptions to hide behind.

i personally don't care if alvin is playing with 10 screws in his ankle. if he can't play, he can't play. we'd need to look elsewhere for someone who can. the cinderella story of him playing hurt grows old very fast. it ultimately comes down to, if you're too hurt to perform, you're too hurt to perform. this team shouldn't necessarily keep players around because they're toughing out their injuries.

i'm still on the fence about alvin williams but if he can't start playing at the top of his game soon enough, i'd consider going "in another direction". having him play hurt is romantic for about a year or two and then fans will categorically start looking for another solution. to put it in a different light, it's like my grandmother being forced on the court to play basketball with the raptors. it would be a nice story for awhile, with people/media praising her effort, but then it would always come back to the same thing: wins. you wouldn't keep her around because she's struggling. that doesn't fly in the long-term. you need someone who'll help you win ballgames. ;)

now that's an extreme example, of course, but i think it illustrates the same point. if alvin's not good enough, for whatever reason (injury or otherwise), the time will ultimately come to get rid of him.

it won't matter how "tough" he is.

peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts