Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/03/11/insider/index.html

But Curry, despite the question marks, is a rare commodity: a skilled offensive center who can put the ball in the basket. He's improved every season, and is just 22 years old. GMs around the league practically drool over his potential. He likely will get a huge offer from the Hawks, who could plug him into a young perimeter core featuring Josh Smith and Al Harrington. If Adonal Foyle can get $40 million over six years from Golden State, there's no telling what Curry might get from a desperate team.

... the Hawks or some other team offers Curry one of those six-year, $75-80 million whopper deals...
I hate this idea. Hate it. Eddy Curry is lazy. Has low basketball IQ. Is terrible rebounder. Is terrible defender. 6yr/80 mil? We didn't even offer K-Mart that much, and he's far superior to Curry.

On the flip side, if we lose out on the lottery and don't land Bogut. Maybe I do it. He isn't ideal and far from perfect, but would make the team more competitive at least. Atlanta can't keep holding out all this cap room for the perfect player. The perfect player won't want to come to the lowly Hawks. Gotta use that cap space some time.

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
TheATLien said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/03/11/insider/index.html

I hate this idea. Hate it. Eddy Curry is lazy. Has low basketball IQ. Is terrible rebounder. Is terrible defender. 6yr/80 mil? We didn't even offer K-Mart that much, and he's far superior to Curry.

On the flip side, if we lose out on the lottery and don't land Bogut. Maybe I do it. He isn't ideal and far from perfect, but would make the team more competitive at least. Atlanta can't keep holding out all this cap room for the perfect player. The perfect player won't want to come to the lowly Hawks. Gotta use that cap space some time.
ya but why use it on eddy curry? in time that will turn into one of those BAD contracts that has to get dumped

1 - 2 of 2 Posts