Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to today's Hoopdirt it appears that UNH Assistant Coach Jean Bain is leaving Durham after seven seasons to join Coach Cormier and Dartmouth. Coach Bain would take Ricky Moore's place who is returning to UConn. It will be interesting to see who Coach Herrion brings in to replace him, I would assume it will be a Div II or III guy that wants a chance to be on a Div I staff.

http://www.hoopdirt.com/blog/a61a05e6/daily-dirt-9-19-12/

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts
7 years w/Herrion and leaving for Dartmouth- at best a lateral move- less than a month before the season starts- What's the back story on that?

I don't know how this will effect UNH recruiting. Not sure if Bain was the lead recruiter or not- if he was, doesn't seem to have been very effective.

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts
It appears that Bain was #3 at UNH, and he clearly will be #1 at Dartmouth. That doesn't sound like a lateral move.
If that's the case, absolutely agreed. I posted that without knowing the other ACs at UNH and Dartmouth and their rank. Maybe more money as well- not sure what AC's get at UNH because Herrion is paid pretty well.

But, more interesting- 7 years at UNH and you're still AC #3? Yikes-wow. I'd say this move is long overdue.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good luck to Jean. One of the nicer guys ever to play at Northeastern.

He's also the answer to a great Northeastern trivia question.. anyone know what it is?

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,193 Posts
Good luck to Jean. One of the nicer guys ever to play at Northeastern.

He's also the answer to a great Northeastern trivia question.. anyone know what it is?
What former player also starred in The Dark Knight Rises?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is anyone hearing any possible names to replace Coach Bain? I would assume Coach Herrion wants to get this done quickly with the season just around the corner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts