Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now that Byron Scott is down, do you think our "greatest" coach Obie will go next?

I really hope so because we need another voice on this team. C's not playing well against goo teams, not playing defense, and lack of chemistry. I appreciate what he has done for the past couple years but we really do need "new voice" to this team.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If they fire O'Brien, what's the alternative? If it is someone like Fratello, then I vote to keep O'Brien.

Everyone in NY assumes that Scott was fired because Kidd didn't want him around, and that Kidd has now become the de facto coach of the team. If that is true, then the Nets season is over. It never works when the inmates run the asylum.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!
Hey they fired the wrong coach. Obrien was the guy who lost by 19..
He's also had the complete support of all of his players all the time.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

Very true. :yes:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

By outward appearance yes, but by performance??? The defnse is lacking on effort... It is hard for an outsider to say that obrien has total support. Pierce and co are professionals. Ricky davis appaars motivated. Professionals dont go pouring out their true inward thoughts regarding leadership...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah and dont be surprised to find out pierce was not sold on obie anymore either...

Walker and pierce got pitino fired... Which was deserved as this was...

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!
Yeah and dont be surprised to find out pierce was not sold on obie anymore either...

Walker and pierce got pitino fired... Which was deserved as this was...
Pierce said "Pitino was like a father to me" and that he was mad when Pitino resigned.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pierce went on a tear after pitino left...

Professionals say the right thing...

Walker pulled off the pitino coup alone/????LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts