Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The People's Champ
659 Posts
congrats to Gal, hopefully this takes pressure off and he can focus on basketball and how to stop severe nose bleeds during games like last night! but in all seriousness, good for him and his fam.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Talk about a school that could care less about winning. Absolutely absurd! Never got to AEast championship game in his 10 years. Continue the medicore coaching.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Talk about a school that could care less about winning. Absolutely absurd! Never got to AEast championship game in his 10 years. Continue the medicore coaching.
I'm disappointed it took 4 posts to get here. Thought you'd be quicker.

Given that Gallagher seems to be the only thing consistent about athletic administration at Hartford these days, probably the best move.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If UMBC can get Odom. I am sure there are great D2 coaches waiting for their chance at the D1 level. What about Kevin Ollie. I mean listen the guy has had 10 years and has been average at best. I think the program needs a new voice a fresh start.

·
Registered
14,036 Posts
If UMBC can get Odom. I am sure there are great D2 coaches waiting for their chance at the D1 level. What about Kevin Ollie. I mean listen the guy has had 10 years and has been average at best. I think the program needs a new voice a fresh start.
The jury is out on Odom IMO...he can coach a game but can he recruit? Right now it's a question mark. Even before the injuries, he had a hard time giving away scholarships after an NCAA win.

·
Premium Member
32,932 Posts
....and Congrats fans of other schools in the conference!

Kidding, just kidding I think Gallagher has done a solid job at Hartford.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hartford doesn't seem to have the financial resources (nor the will) to find someone else. Hartford is still able to compete in a tough situation. Not a great game-time coach but I don't think you can ask for much more.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huh.....I was sure you would be thrilled about this news?? 😉

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m very pleased with this decision...I was used to so many years during various coaching regimes of going to the conference tourneys being in the play-in game or one of the lowest seeds. At least we have been competitive the last number of years and seem to be bringing in better recruits as the years go on.
You wait if Hartford one day gets into the NCAA tourney there will be two side stories. One will be like the FGCU coaches wife. Coach Gal’s wife is just as pretty. 2nd focus would be on his mom....the level of cheering she does at games is another level ( I see where Gal gets his energy ).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts