Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Gr8t Dane
689 Posts
Great article, and he has clearly been doing somethings the right way. The recruiting has been much better. He got some great players to sign (even if they didn't stay) and that is to his credit. Like Bosiydid said above, he has been growing on me as well.

I'll still always love to hate him because of his sideline antics. I'm sure I'll yell at him to close his mouth and sit down from my seats at SEFCU tomorrow at least twice, but hey, that's what fans do. Good luck to Hartford everywhere they play except when they are in Guilderland. (I said Guilderland, because SEFCU Arena is technically there, and if they somehow pull some major upsets, I'd root for them if they end their drought and get a game at the Times Union Center in March)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good story. One thing I tend to forget about Gallagher is how young he still is. He’s only 42 and has been there for 10 years. He has a ton of D1 head coaching experience but still has a huge runway in front of him to continue to learn and hone his craft. That’s kind of a unique position to be in.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great article, and he has clearly been doing somethings the right way. The recruiting has been much better. He got some great players to sign (even if they didn't stay) and that is to his credit. Like Bosiydid said above, he has been growing on me as well.

I'll still always love to hate him because of his sideline antics. I'm sure I'll yell at him to close his mouth and sit down from my seats at SEFCU tomorrow at least twice, but hey, that's what fans do. Good luck to Hartford everywhere they play except when they are in Guilderland. (I said Guilderland, because SEFCU Arena is technically there, and if they somehow pull some major upsets, I'd root for them if they end their drought and get a game at the Times Union Center in March)
I would have to think it has to be a selling point to recruits that the entire starting 5 from last year are playing professionally right now and doing quite well ( other than Carroll who is injured).

Good luck tomorrow in Guilderland....

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good story. One thing I tend to forget about Gallagher is how young he still is. He’s only 42 and has been there for 10 years. He has a ton of D1 head coaching experience but still has a huge runway in front of him to continue to learn and hone his craft. That’s kind of a unique position to be in.
Good point.....very good point.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Still waiting for Isbal to post pics of Gal's wife lol
Lol....she is pretty stunning...plus she has 1 or 2 kids clinging to her. I think they have 4 or 5 kids now. Definitely playing zone defense in that household.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts