Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former Magic coach Doc Rivers is rumored to be the next head coach/GM of the Atlanta Hawks, according to a source who told the Orlando Sentinel. Memo to Doc: Take the job. You have literally nothing to lose with this team. You're guaranteed a lottery pick in the upcoming draft by taking this job. There are obvious questions as to why anyone with half a brain would take this brain. But take a look at what happened with Marvin Lewis in the NFL. He took on a very bad team with good talent in the Bengals and got them very close to a division title. This is the exact same situation to what was found in Cincinnati. You have 4-5 years in that city to have a playoff berth be considered progress. Why not dive head-first here and build a legitimate contender in Atlanta, something that hasn't been done since Lenny Wilkens was manning the sidelines. It's a win-win situation.
Sounds good to me.... It is obvious GM Knight does not care about improving the team. I had my hopes, but he is another Babcock. I think Rivers knows how to build an NBA calibur team, but maybe not coach it.... oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts