Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the Dukies are back to their collective studies, perhaps Coach K "might" (again) consider coaching in the NBA - namely, the Blazers?

He'd be coming to an organization that really can go nowhere but up, so there would be little to lose there. The Blazers will be one of the youngest teams in the league, so he'd be dealing with college-aged players. He'd be getting probably a top 5 pick. And......perhaps Paul is ready to pull out the big bucks to get this guy.....

Didn't PA already attempt to get K, but had to settle for Carlisemo? Hmmm.....Coach K is a bit older now and perhaps he's a little down on the Blue Devils about this time.....

Money talks, baby.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
If he tuned down the Lakers job last year, what makes you think he would want to become our head coach? That's what it comes down to basically. I don't think I'd want him anyways. The rate of success for college coaches in the NBA isn't great. Not to mention, I'd rather have a more polished coach.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've always been a little leery about hiring a college coach. They just don't seem to be able to transfer their coaching skills to the NBA level.

Tarkanian
Pitino
etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts