1 - 20 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
32,581 Posts
I can't imagine Dartmouth coach is actually on any hot seat- didn't he just recently get hired there/ former NU assistant? He had Dartmouth playing best I've seen them play in maybe decades, at any rate.

·
Premium Member
32,581 Posts
These guys typically know what's up but I don't get this thread at all. John Gallagher is a fairly poor coach...at best he sticks around. Can't imagine him moving up to the CAA.

https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/status/1102689808734932993
I read Coaching Changes a lot because the majority of the people that post there do know their stuff but its also entertaining AF.

Multiple people use that Twitter handle, so if you read it enough you can tease out who have certain agendas whether it's for a particular coach/assistant or other issues, but most of the info is rock solid.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
These guys typically know what's up but I don't get this thread at all. John Gallagher is a fairly poor coach...at best he sticks around. Can't imagine him moving up to the CAA.

Guys cheering for their guys. They've mentioned Kevin Broadus getting another shot multiple times on there, and act like Binghamton was totally wrong to fire him.

Entertaining, sure. Informative? Depends on the day. Sometimes a lot of what they post is sexist, racist and just stupid and not relevant to what they're supposed to be doing. Like, multiple times I'll see some shit about them trying to discredit women who come forward against a coach. One example last year was the old San Diego coach who was fired after allegations of domestic abuse from a woman he'd been seeing who wasn't his wife. All that account was like was "why u keep ur side bitch separate lol." The charges were dropped, but like...come on. That's not a laughing matter. I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a head coach and found out one of my assistants was using it to do that and shit on other coaches. But, I'm not a coach so I'll take the account for its entertainment value.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't Gallagher have 1 year left if I'm not mistaken. I can see him splitting.

I'm picking Hartford dead last or second to last. Hartford is in for a rough season. A poor coach isn't gonna help things.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,581 Posts

Guys cheering for their guys. They've mentioned Kevin Broadus getting another shot multiple times on there, and act like Binghamton was totally wrong to fire him.

Entertaining, sure. Informative? Depends on the day. Sometimes a lot of what they post is sexist, racist and just stupid and not relevant to what they're supposed to be doing. Like, multiple times I'll see some shit about them trying to discredit women who come forward against a coach. One example last year was the old San Diego coach who was fired after allegations of domestic abuse from a woman he'd been seeing who wasn't his wife. All that account was like was "why u keep ur side bitch separate lol." The charges were dropped, but like...come on. That's not a laughing matter. I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a head coach and found out one of my assistants was using it to do that and shit on other coaches. But, I'm not a coach so I'll take the account for its entertainment value.
Yeah, that’s the kind stuff I’m referring to where they clearly have an agenda. A lot of them were also big Lamont Evans guys, and, well.

But, there’s a fare amount that know a lot about job openings and good assistants...the good outweighs the nonsense.

The Kevin Broadus stuff for head coaching jobs is crazy as well.

·
The People's Champ
617 Posts
can't find the tweet now but it was really early on in the season back in November. There was some commotion on Coach Gal getting some attention from Fordham...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm with you, that was so out of left field...
They pinned their "rules" for this whole experiment thing they're doing. https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/status/1102351323448729604

So it's basically them guessing on jobs that might open either through firing or people moving up, or jobs they think should open. It's pretty clear Gally's got some boys on the handle. Like, despite his extremely dickish behavior 70% of the time I've seen him coach, I could see where he might be "a good hang" for the boys in the fraternity that is basketball coaching. Also, Gallagher has built this rep on being "a Philly guy" which according to everyone you can only be "A Philly guy" to get any job opening for any D1 school in Philly. By and large that's mostly true if you look at who is coaching Philly area schools, but that's also like saying you need to hire a "New England guy" for every school in New England...and how many New England players are on New England schools in the AE currently?

The guy's record speaks for itself and for as much as they're right on about ADs being moronic regarding who they hire/what they value...I'm pretty sure most of them can look at Gallagher's record and know he's not worth their time. Though, if the Lafayette job opens. He could be a candidate there. Former assistant, a school that will likely give him 7-8 years on the job because they don't really care that much.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can't imagine Dartmouth coach is actually on any hot seat- didn't he just recently get hired there/ former NU assistant? He had Dartmouth playing best I've seen them play in maybe decades, at any rate.
Dartmouth us 2-10 in the Ivy after a good (for them) non conference showing. Only 1 senior though, I think coach gets at least one more year.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
What are some of the top jobs out there that could potentially come open, which will in turn start the trickle down effect? I know UCLA is open, so there is a start. I haven't looked up contracts of anyone so I'm not sure who is on their last year or 2 or has a minimal buyout.

After those top conferences, what about the A-10, Big East, Missouri Valley?

·
Premium Member
32,581 Posts
What are some of the top jobs out there that could potentially come open, which will in turn start the trickle down effect? I know UCLA is open, so there is a start. I haven't looked up contracts of anyone so I'm not sure who is on their last year or 2 or has a minimal buyout.

After those top conferences, what about the A-10, Big East, Missouri Valley?
A-10 I feel like it's been a foregone conclusion George Washington is going to open up. Richmond is one that's had chatter about last few years, fans in Richmond have put up a Fire Mooney billboard lol.

Dave Paulsen has been pretty not good at George Mason and just lost to VCU 71-36 yesterday- ouch. Think he's on year 4 though so not sure how hot his seat is. I'm sure there are others, those just off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Dartmouth us 2-10 in the Ivy after a good (for them) non conference showing. Only 1 senior though, I think coach gets at least one more year.
He'll get at least 3 more years. It's Dartmouth. They aren't in the business of letting guys go after 4 years. Their best player (Knight) is legit and only a sophomore and like you said, everyone comes back. If he adds another 1-2 guys that might be good enough for better league performance, and sneaking into the Ivy playoff at 4th that's good. Can't speak to their bad skid in league other than Ivy is still a grind with back to backs but there's cause for optimism in Hanover, just slightly.

Power(-ish) jobs that have a possibility of opening: Tulane, SMU, GW, Fordham, Nebraska, Penn State, Wake Forest, UNLV, Cal, Washington State, Texas A&M

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Nebraska, Penn State, Wake Forest, Cal, Washington State, Texas A&M
I would have thrown all those out there as well. Anyway, I do think Nebraska will open as there were very high expectations in Lincoln and they definitely had some talent.

I also wonder about Danny Manning at Wake. They should be better. They did almost beat Duke last night (probably should have actually) but has he really done enough to stay? Not sure how long he has been there but I think he is in at least year 4.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What are the contract status for each coach in the AE...I know Will Brown is signed for the next 2 after this one...through '21

·
Registered
128 Posts
i am hoping demsey got extended with an option for year three or years two/three.. so basically on paper they say he gets 3 years to keep recruits but in reality it would only give him an extra year with the option based on performance to keep his job for the second or third year. If this is what happened they can fire him now eat 1 year and get a guy with a history of building programs.

Again all i want to do is consistently finish top 5. so every year we at least have a chance to play on ESPN in championship game. something to get excited about. dont need to win it every year. just give me top 5.

·
The People's Champ
617 Posts
Terms for Gal's contract weren't fully disclosed to the public, all I could find was an extension, assuming 2 years, so he possibly has 1 years left?

1 - 20 of 395 Posts