Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
5,141 Posts
Figured id make a thread here if any Albany fans have the details? All I have is Jeff Goodmans tweets today and some more internet twitter feeds. They all say serious allegations etc.
Worth clarifying: Jeff Goodman didn't tweet that out. The Samurai Hoops account tweeted AT Goodman about it, and he made one little off-hand comment. But Jeff Goodman himself is not reporting about anything.

· Registered
6,760 Posts
WTF is going on at Albany? Benson is in trouble as well?

· Registered
6,760 Posts
How do you hit a player???? As someone that has coached all levels, I get the getting frustrated with them, but man, I can't imagine hitting a player. Did this just happen?

· Registered
30 Posts
Samurai Hoops

RE: Killings/Albany Goes without saying there are 3 sides to every story… Samurai is confident in the reporting we’ve done to this point and is expecting Killings to be relieved of his duties at UAlbany.

This seems like walking back the initial tweets to me. I'm sure something is going on but if they were 100 perecent clued into this then the above tweet would never happen.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Samurai Hoops

RE: Killings/Albany Goes without saying there are 3 sides to every story… Samurai is confident in the reporting we’ve done to this point and is expecting Killings to be relieved of his duties at UAlbany.

This seems like walking back the initial tweets to me. I'm sure something is going on but if they were 100 perecent clued into this then the above tweet would never happen.
Or they have been threatened with reprisal?

Let me be clear here: I don't know what happened as a fact. What I do know, as the General Counsel of a rather large international organization, is that if this was on social media and had to deal with our company, we would have our comms people out there denying the allegation if, in fact, it were not true because this level of allegation is an impactful one. So, the lack of a statement by the ADept is telling, IMHO...and my opinion is worth about .02.

· Registered
14,441 Posts
According to Jeff Goodman, the alleged incident occurred in November. DK has been on leave for weeks during investigation as this came to light only recently. So the kid played an entire year and only then started settling scores?

This just got a little more interesting.

· Registered
349 Posts
According to Jeff Goodman, the alleged incident occurred in November. DK has been on leave for weeks during investigation as this came to light only recently. So the kid played an entire year and only then started settling scores?

This just got a little more interesting.
Right, why is this just coming out? And if he's going to be fired for this now, why was he allowed to coach the season?

· Registered
6,760 Posts
Right, why is this just coming out? And if he's going to be fired for this now, why was he allowed to coach the season?
Maybe this is exactly why the AD is on the hot seat...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts