Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colin just said on the news that Darious was brought in to play the 3 since Sheed will likely be gone.

I don't buy that for a second-not from him. From what I can tell Sheed will be playing C.

*a tidbit* I was called this evening by the Blazers because a certain someone in my family was being invited to a meet and greet Saturday. I got into a conversation with the person and they were saying that nobody there thinks Sheed is going anywhere.

I know that nobody really knows-including Nash himself, but I'm getting pretty darn tired of all the assumptions thrown out there by the Sheed hating local media! GRRRR!

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Colin just said on the news that Darious was brought in to play the 3 since Sheed will likely be gone.

I don't buy that for a second-not from him. From what I can tell Sheed will be playing C.

*a tidbit* I was called this evening by the Blazers because a certain someone in my family was being invited to a meet and greet Saturday. I got into a conversation with the person and they were saying that nobody there thinks Sheed is going anywhere.

I know that nobody really knows-including Nash himself, but I'm getting pretty darn tired of all the assumptions thrown out there by the Sheed hating local media! GRRRR!
I listened to the Nash interview today and he made the statement that you are never done making moves, saying that you can always improve. I don't know if Rasheed is going to make it past the deadline or not, heck I was pretty sure that a deal with Dallas was going to go down at halftime during the party last Saturday. Nothing is for certain in the NBA, but I don't see Nash moving Wallace unless it helps the team. I am beginning to really appreciate Portland's GM; he is getting his ducks in a row. Making small moves can have an impact too! :yes:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Colin Cow-erd

Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!

I am beginning to really appreciate Portland's GM; he is getting his ducks in a row. Making small moves can have an impact too! :yes:
yeah...I appreciate that too. I just get really frustrated at Colin and his crew...

baby steps Nash, baby steps...don't go gettin' all crazy! :no:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I doubt it

I really doubt Rasheed will be gone. I think that Nash and Cheeks telegraphed this move if you look at the week before it happened. If you listen to Nash, you will note he consitently talks about getting players to play positions they are comfortable with, and to quit having players play out of postion. He also desires a more productive defense. The move of Rasheed to Center (his college position) and bringing in Darius Miles to play SF works naturally. DD has not been producing at center, and is not the shot blocker that Rasheed is. Rasheed is more productive when defensively he can play in a position where he can "Lay in the weeds" down deep for shot blocking help. By moving Woods into the PG position some, you also bring some more height to the back court. The starting unit will be more effective, should also be more "up and down", ie, more exciting. Its only one game, but Rasheed was much more effective at Center then he has been at any other position. If you could get Rasheed to produce at the level he did in the Sacramento game or near it, he would be worth the money. Now if we could only get rid of that other non productive PG.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Colin Cow-erd, Colin Cowturd... whatever. Unless something has changed recently, I doubt he has strong inside conncections. I could never stand to listen to him on the radio or watch him on the news.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm Not Ready To Give Nash...

too much credit, yet. He's supposed to be getting rid of the bad characters on this team. So far he's let Sabas, Pippen and Danials walk, and traded Jeff. I'll give him his due for dumping Bozo.

I'll also give Wallace a little credit, but I still worry that he's the same guy he's always been. His T's have been down, but he showed in the Kings game that he still puts his big mouth ahead of the team. It's also interesting that I haven't seen anyone credit him with leaving Miller wide open to get the game to overtime.

Go Blazers

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
CatchNRelease, I beg to differ... Pippen was offered a contract, but had a better & more comprehensive one from Chicago. I think we made a very fair offer to him. As to Sabonis, we tried but if we wern't a title contender he did not want to return. Also, his wife can no longer drive in the USA due to multiple DUI's. As to Daniels, we offered but he believes that he's an all-star player and just needs a team that will let him start. As he's not that good, it was a mutual parting of the ways. We also offered Payton good $$ and tried to work a trade with the Bucks, but Payton only wanted to play for a title contender and therefore wasn't really interested in us. No, Nash has tried. I can't fault his efforts. IMHO.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Very good comments hasoos.. I agree

I also think Davis moving back to more minutes at the PF spot will help him as well. He can still get minutes behind Sheed at Center. But I think Davis getting reduced minutes is a bonus to his health and mental well being. His effectiveness has been dropping this year IMHO

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!
Colin Cow-erd, Colin Cowturd... whatever. Unless something has changed recently, I doubt he has strong inside conncections. I could never stand to listen to him on the radio or watch him on the news.
pssst...I'm cowherds inside source....ssshhh...

btw, is there a more phoney news station than KGW? I mean, Jeff and Julie are bad enough, (they're phoney in an odd "I'm trapped on TV" sorta way)..but kGW is just phoney phoney.

Like San Diego News, Rod Luck phoney.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
You guys are dreaming if you think Sheed can stay in POR. He is THE lightning rod for all the problems with this team. He is the focal point of the local media's disgust and MANY fans anger. The "black cloud" that hangs over this team will not be gone until he is.

Not to mention, re-signing Sheed for the $10mil + he wants, would be a dumb move for mgmt. POR would be wise to move him, either at the trade deadline or in the offseason via a S & T, as his talent level and ability, SHOULD get something of significant value back. This is a rebuild, the question is what type of rebuild it becomes. Is it a total rebuild, hello lottoland style? Or is it a rebuild while remaining competitiive, which is obviously what mgmt here prefers? One way or the other though, I can't see Sheed here next season.

I think Nash and company are playing it close to the vest from here on out, they tried to be accomodating to the media, which has done nothing but fuel the unrest around the team, with their constant speculation and questioning of players and mgmt. That is ok for message boards like this one, but for local media to ask after EVERY game, and in EVERY interview is a bit much. I don't expect much info out of Nash from here until the deadline. But I seriously doubt they are done.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kmurph</b>!
You guys are dreaming if you think Sheed can stay in POR. He is THE lightning rod for all the problems with this team. He is the focal point of the local media's disgust and MANY fans anger. The "black cloud" that hangs over this team will not be gone until he is.
I don't think it's much of a dream at all for Sheed to stay in Portland. Financial details would of course have to be worked out but it's definitely not out of the question. I also don't think he is the source of all problems in Portland. It's ridiculous to think in that manner. Portland has many other problems than just Sheed. And who really cares if he is the so-called "focal point of the local media's disgust?" I know I don't. Who really cares what they think. They know very little to begin with (if that isn't very apparent than I don't know what is) and they write garbage based on rumor or twisting the truth. I wouldn't want to talk to those moron's either. Let's not go overboard and saying Sheed is the prime reason Portland has so many problems because that is not true.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts