Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanna get ur opinions on these sports

....people say that the NFL is the most popular professional league....which it probably is.....I perfer Coll. Football instead though...
...its the NFL's anyone can win it all at any given year slogan that annoy's me......I perfer dominance not parity...in the NFL, the defending champs have a better chance of missing the playoffs the next season than winning their own division

And I perfer the NBA over coll. basketball....I perfer stars...and right now coll. basketball doesn't have that many...and when your team sucks (Arkansas Razorbacks) you need a reason the watch...also its pace is too slow, its not as open.....and am I the only one who thinks the 3 point line needs to be moved back(not as far as the NBA 3) but moved back

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I think that collage football has more stars than the nfl. Lots of team seems to have one big "star". I like the NFL and the NBA better cause they are easier to follow, but lots of times NCAA is better to watch. Final four is very intense. I watch collage basketall and I like it because it reminds me more of the kind of basketball I play.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I agree with mo76.

NBA and NFL are easy to follow because its the same teams every year, from major cities with big stars.

Theres a million colleges, some do poorly some years, others do well and it goes back and forth. Theres a few powerhouses each year, but even some powerhouses can die for a couple years (UNC).

but the NCAA tourny is exciting though, because its been narrowed down to one game and theres a lot of upsets.

I never was able to get into college football because theres not a tourney.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Nothing touches college football, NOTHING! But I will watch an NFL game over an NCAA basketball game any day....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I dont know bout you but i like both college and the nba because i like to scout college players and determin their chance to get on one of my fav. teams

-Cleveland Cavs
-Charlotte Bobcats
-Boston Celtics

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
in this order

NCAA FBall
NFL
Col BBall
NBA

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Pro for both.

Although the energy and enthusiasm of the college games are entertaining, there's nothing I like to watch more than the best of the best in competition.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Pro for both.

Althought the energy and enthusiasm of the college games are entertaining, there's nothing I like to watch more than the best of the best in competition.
I think if you were a fan of a bigger conference.... you would see higher competition.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
I think if you were a fan of a bigger conference.... you would see higher competition.
That might be true. I am a fan of good competition at any level. However if I can only see one, I'll take pro.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
In this order:

1) College BB
2.) College FB
3.) NFL
...4.) NBA

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Nothing beats college sports. I'll take college football and college basketball over their professional counterparts any day. Like one man once said, in the NBA, it's about the name on the back of the jersey, but in college, it's about the name on the front. I prefer to watch REAL basketball and see TEAMWORK. Of course some NBA teams use teamwork, but IMO, not to the extent of college.

As for college football, I find it more entertaining than the NFL for no particular reason at all. I just really like college football.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Any of the 4 can be great or just flat out boring... but i'll still watch them all just the same. I'll swtich between games if theres more than one on no mater what leauge it is.

March Madness has to be the most entertaining sporting event IMO. I wish NCAA would have a playoff system because it would be just as intense as the final four and just as if not more profitable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts