#20 Mississippi State at Kentucky 12EST
Connecticut at #22 Rutgers ESPNU 12EST
#24 Northwestern at Penn State ESPN 12EST
#25 UCLA at California P12N 10:30EST

Complete Week 6 Schedule

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
David Ash, come on down! You're the next contestant on "PLEASE GOD I NEED A FANTASY QUARTERBACK!"

Wisconsin plays Illinois at Camp Randall. Great timing for this one. Start Montee Ball, GeauxTigers! He's not great in real life, but he's still having a decent fantasy season aside from the game he got knocked out of with a concussion. Ironically he has almost as many points as you have gotten from both of your RB positions combined, and outscored every position on your team except QB.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Tyler Wilson will make you famous Nim...

The only reason Ball has surpassed the rest of my RBs is 3 TDs against Nebraska. By the looks of it he only plays every other game.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VT sucking killed my enthusiasm for this yr.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Tyler Wilson will make you famous Nim...

The only reason Ball has surpassed the rest of my RBs is 3 TDs against Nebraska. By the looks of it he only plays every other game.
Illinois this week. Trust me, Wisconsin is really really trying to give him this career TD record. Inside the 5 I don't think they'll pass all year.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Ugh.

I'm afraid for Aaron Murray's safety. True freshman John Theus is struggling bad at RT, and here comes Clowney, on the road, in a hostile environment, and Lattimore has had his way with Georgia, and mobile QB's always make Grantham defenses look foolish (and apparently now, even immobile QB's), and our leading receiver tore his ACL on the last day of practice.

Suffice to say, I will not be starting Murray or Gurley in fantasy football this week.

Although..

Herschel through his 1st 5 games: 463 yds on 86 carries (5.9 ypc), 4 TDs

Todd Gurley: 536 on 68 (7.9), 10 TDs

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Notre Dame is going to murder Miami. Georgia Tech couldn't stop Middle Tennessee St., Tajh Boyd and company are going to light up the score board and apply more heat to Paul Johnson's seat. I see Georgia pulling out a good game in SC. FSU wins comfortably in Raleigh and LSU bounces back from a couple poor performances against inferior opponents and wins a big game in Gainesville.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Tigers 10+ victory...call my drunk ass out on it too if I'm wrong...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas coach John L. Smith has amended his bankruptcy filing, listing $40.7 million in debts -- up from $25.7 million just last month.

The filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Little Rock on Wednesday shows Smith has $1.3 million in assets. His previous filing listed $25.7 million in debts and $1.2 million in assets.
Linkage

At some point you have to wonder where the bottom is.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Yeah, I started Boyd mostly to get more pleasure out of watching GT lose big again, but I'm kind of thinking Nebraska upsets Ohio State. Or at least, it'll be an ugly B1G game where none of my guys get monster stats.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Preseason rankings should have no bearing on the outcome of a season. At least wait until the first sunday in October to rank opponents. Then we might not see such cupcake competition in the early season as teams try and prove themselves more.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I did a much less public but similar wobble-faceplant upon coming home last night.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
NEW ORLEANS – Today Terrance Donnels is making Les Miles dance.
Over the years he's done a lot of things to LSU's football coach: Dropping Miles on motorboats, fleeing exploding buildings or using a machine gun to obliterate a Webster's Dictionary all in doctored videos called GIFs that he posts on the internet above the jagged signature of "LSUFreek." Wonderful is the symmetry when a satirist finds his perfect foil. LSUFreek mocks all the SEC coaches and much of college football, but nobody has proven a better fit for him than goofy old, grass-eating, syntax-mangling Les Miles in his LSU baseball cap.

This time Freek is altering an image of Miles at a press conference to make the coach look like a fat Elvis clad in a garish bejeweled jumpsuit. The image moves in the slightly jerky style of a GIF but if you watch it long enough, allowing yourself to be entranced by the gyrating coach in baubles and beads, you can almost feel Elvis even if you don't see it in Miles' face.
Freek is quite proud of this Miles as Elvis, which took four hours to complete. Soon he will send it to his friend Spencer Hall, who will post it on the blog Every Day Should Be Saturday. Hall will write a few words about Miles as Elvis and then the GIF will spread like a digital virus through the vast underground community of SEC message boards to whom LSUFreek has become something Terrance Donnels never imagined he could be himself: a sensation
But no head might be better than that of former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino following the motorcycle accident the married coach had while riding with a woman who was not his wife. Petrino's face was such a pulpy, bloody mess, almost too grotesque to look at, especially when framed by a giant, white neckbrace. The look was a gift to a humorist and Donnels, who was on a sabbatical while still trying to absorb LSU's lethargic play in the national title game, came off his leave just to illustrate Petrino's downfall.
Freek's GIF of the Petrino accident is still cherished on SEC message boards. In it, Petrino, clad in a neck brace, rides a motorcycle past an approving Bill Clinton when the bike loses control, a woman falls off, Petrino and the motorcycle careen across the road breaking into pieces. In a final, brilliant touch, Les Miles laughs wildly as he rides past the wreck in a car.
"As long as you recognize the face that's all I need," Donnels says. "If you see a visor on the ground you know Steve Spurrier was there or a white cap and a purple jacket, you know it's Les Miles.
"I miss Pete Carroll. I miss Lane Kiffin at Tennessee," he says.
He gives a wistful smile.
"Kiffin brought me so much joy," he adds.

Linkage

1 - 20 of 168 Posts