Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Stanford beat ND on a last second FG.

Derek Henry ran for 271 yards and 4 TDs on 46 carries in a win over Auburn.

Michigan State kicked the shit out of Penn State, and will play Iowa next week for a spot in the playoff and a Big Ten Championship.

UNC held off NC State and could make the playoff if they upset Clemson next week. But they would need some help from Florida and Iowa.

OU is beating OKState pretty handily right now. OU had 44 points at the half.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
FSU beat the crap out of a bad UF team, 27-2.

SEC is going to have a laughably bad football game to decide their champion. UF is going to struggle to finish with positive yardage on offense next week against Alabama.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
So basically Oklahoma is in, MSU/Iowa winner is in, plus count Alabama in because there is no way they are losing to Florida.

What happens if Clemson loses to North Carolina? Does it default to Ohio State even though the UM game yesterday is their only good win of the season?

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
So basically Oklahoma is in, MSU/Iowa winner is in, plus count Alabama in because there is no way they are losing to Florida.

What happens if Clemson loses to North Carolina? Does it default to Ohio State even though the UM game yesterday is their only good win of the season?
I would give it to Ohio State, even though as a fan I would much prefer it go to the Tar Heels. UNC has had a terrific season but they have two wins (NC A&T/Delaware) over non-FBS teams and their only loss is to a really bad South Carolina football team. That non-conference schedule looks like it was designed by Art Briles.

Would be hilarious to see a playoff featuring Iowa and UNC though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Yeah as much as I would like to see Ohio State punished for their softish OOC the last 4 years, North Carolina is definately not the team to be using to make an example.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Exactly.

Pretty heartbreaking way for ND to lose last night, but even with a win I don't think they would've made the playoffs.

Just a guess on my part but I think we're gonna see (1) Bama (2) Michigan State (3) Oklahoma (4) Ohio State in the playoff. This just feels like another title season for Saban and the Tide.

Also shout out to my Alma Mater Central Michigan. Our first year head coach announced he was cancer free a week ago and then gets a share of the MAC West in year one. Not a bad week for Coach Bonamego.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
You could also make the argument in that scenario that Clemson should still be in with a tough loss to UNC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts