Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
I know Williams is most likely be the "starter" but I'm not sure if he'll put up the numbers to win it with Evans back.

Why no Ingram (if you put Williams up there)? Why Ponder though?

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn't include Ingram just because of the history of running backs with Saban. I mean when was the last time he had a #1 back return, and then end the next season as the starter? It seems every time it happens the returning starter gets hurt, or gets surpassed on the depth chart. I'm not saying this will happen with Ingram, but it made me a little more wary of his chances compared to Williams. Also I just don't see a guy who has to split carries like he will have to, winning back to back heismans. Just my 2 cents, but I could easily see him up there when it's all said and done.

As for Ponder I thought he had a real nice season before he got injured last year. He really improved from the year before, and I expect him to continue to improve. With Jimbo now the Head Coach, and with the offensive line he has, if he can stay healthy I'm expecting big things from him. Also I can see the hype with Luck/Locker as NFL guys, but I don't think they will have Heisman quality years, nor have the teams to get them to New York. Ponder plays in the ACC, plays in a QB friendly system, has a chance for a few statement games (Florida, Miami, North Carolina) to really make a case for the Heisman, and if Florida State can win 10 games he will certainly receive the hype.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
One of these years, FSU Miami or UNC has to finally deliver right? I don't know I think until they prove it to me I am going to pick either Virginia Tech or Georgia Tech to win it and since Georgia Tech stinks it's Virginia Tech.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
UNC's defense could be insane. 9 legit pro prospects and as many as 4 as potential 1st rd talents. DE Robert Quinn, DT Marvin Austin, OLB Bruce Carter and S Deunta Williams. Butch Davis might have his best chance to win since coming back if they get their offense straight.

Miami should be better than Ga Tech and wouldn't rule them out for it either if Harris, etc progress.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts