Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
During the offseason, I said each week I will post the AP and Coaches Poll in a sticky, and want to know other posters "top 25" Hedo---He Do already posted the coaches poll, so that make my job easier. (he also made some comments, good job) I merged his thread with this one. Here is my PRESEASON POLL.

1. 1 Arizona
    2 Oklahoma
    3 Kansas
    4 Texas
    5 Florida
    6 Pittsburgh
    7 Oregon
    8 Alabama
    9 Michigan State
    10 UCLA
    11 Duke
    12 Mississippi State
    13 Georgia
    14 Xavier
    15 Marquette
    16 UCONN
    17 Maryland
    18 Indiana
    19 Cincy
    20 Gonzaga
    21 Missouri
    22 Illinois
    23 Texas Tech
    24 Wisconsion
    25 Kentucky

[/list=25]

·
Registered
798 Posts
only changes i would make are that Kansas should be #1 but that is coming from a biased KU fan, although KU DOES have a better starting 5 but just doesnt have as much good depth as Arizona. Also i really dont expect to much out of Illinois this year. Brian Cook never lived up to all of his potential and the loss of Frankie WIll and Bradford will hurt more than Illini fans know it. Also i would move Georgia up, Jarvis and Jonas Hayes are a good outside inside threat and Rashad Wright and Ezra Williams return to form a good backcourt. Also transfer Damien Wilkins becomes eligible and could make a big impact as he will try and show he is as good as Dominque says he is.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>iverson3</b>!
only changes i would make are that Kansas should be #1 but that is coming from a biased KU fan, although KU DOES have a better starting 5 but just doesnt have as much good depth as Arizona. Also i really dont expect to much out of Illinois this year. Brian Cook never lived up to all of his potential and the loss of Frankie WIll and Bradford will hurt more than Illini fans know it. Also i would move Georgia up, Jarvis and Jonas Hayes are a good outside inside threat and Rashad Wright and Ezra Williams return to form a good backcourt. Also transfer Damien Wilkins becomes eligible and could make a big impact as he will try and show he is as good as Dominque says he is.
Thanks. So other than those changes, what would be your preseason rankings?

·
Registered
798 Posts
1. Kansas
2. Arizona
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. Duke
7. Alabama
8. Pittsburgh
9. Oregon
10. Georgia
11. UCLA
12. Xavier
13. Mississippi St.
14. UCONN
15. Michigan St.

too lazy to do the rest
also KansasAlum i was surprised to see you rank Kansas at #3!! I mean everyone knows that KU is definitly the #2 best team if not the #1 team in the nation. You being a huge KU fan i would have thought you would have put them at #1. Whats the deal with Oklahoma at #2!!?? They are a good team, but no way are they better then Kansas with Hinrich, Collison and stud soph's Miles, Simien, and Langford (my fav out of those 3 i think he will continue to develop after lighting up the NCAA tourny as a frosh).

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Remember this is the preseason poll. During the offseason, I had KU to number 2 the whole time, but latley, I think KU is right now the number 3. Yes, KU has the best starting 5 in the NCAA's/ However, I feel the lack of depth will hurt KU. Mostly Jeff Graves. This is the preseason, it will change.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Good point. I do found it interesting that they have KU, OU, and UT as the next three. Damn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts