Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
College Sports Madness has started revealing their Top 144 teams. I missed the first 44 days, but here we are at Number 100 and still no America East team. I would assume this means that UVM is going to be showing up soon. Guesses on where they will fall on the list? I'm guessing they should fall in the 90's at this point.

The Top 144 Listing

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Rhode Island is at 138 and Harvard is 109, so UVM would have to be more of a regional power than either of them to make the 100 cut. ETSU, Winthrop and many other mid-majors are already ranked, so I think UVM may get passed over, especially since Lamb, the only UVM player to get any OOC notice, is gone.

Thanks for posting this. It gives us something to argue about while we are waiting.

·
Registered
181 Posts
While we’re arguing, who do people think will be the POTY next year (season pending)?

Stef Smith has got to be the odds on favorite, since all of the SBU guys transferred.

Has any school had a POTY 5 years in a row?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I can't remember anybody doing that, but I can't remember how to operate my iPhone somedays. I do think that Smith will be a very strong contender, as will probably be Davis. It sure is a bummer that the team has so much potential that might be wasted on a busted season.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rhode Island is at 138 and Harvard is 109, so UVM would have to be more of a regional power than either of them to make the 100 cut. ETSU, Winthrop and many other mid-majors are already ranked, so I think UVM may get passed over, especially since Lamb, the only UVM player to get any OOC notice, is gone.

Thanks for posting this. It gives us something to argue about while we are waiting.
They use this to fill out their bracketology and there isn't an America East team listed yet, someone from the conference has to be there.

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
Bart Torvick has UVM at #73 right now for 2020/21 season. The site isn't fully updated yet as I know there are some UA players he doesn't have listed yet, and NJIT is still not listed as in the AE, but no matter how much I disagree with his predictions every year, I am always surprised by how close his predictions come true (understanding that there will be big surprised in both directions every year).

The second AE team he has listed is UMBC at 157 with everyone else over 200.

My guess is that UVM gets listed at #82 in this poll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts