1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/57909.htm

COLLINS' LEG PROBLEMS ARE BACK

By FRED KERBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 20, 2005 -- Jason Collins figured he had the problem beat. It turned out his sore lower right leg, which forced him to sit two games and miss half of a third, was connected to a condition in his back. Some treatment and a few chiropractic sessions later and he was ready to go.
He thought.

Collins was forced to bail in the third quarter last night — as he did last Saturday — when his leg pain flared anew. "We're just dealing with it as best we can, and trying to play through it until it's too painful," said Collins (3 points, 5 rebounds, 18 minutes), who noted the pain struck "just after halftime, after sitting down for a while, not getting warm. We tried to do as much as we can to try and get it warm and try and get going. I can't play on it yet."

Collins intends to go on the Western trip that starts tomorrow at Golden State.

"I would have to ACL surgery not to go," said Collins, who remains confident continued rehab will solve the problem.

Wizards coach Eddie Jordan on his decision to bench Gilbert Arenas for the first 9:05 of the third quarter: "It was a coach's decision to go with a different five to start the third quarter that would show a little bit more discipline. I thought the five I went with was what they needed." Jared Jeffries also was benched to start the third. Jordan started Caron Butler and Jarvis Hayes. . . . Mets CF Carlos Beltran was at game courtside. . . . Foul shooting was wretched. The Wizards were 17-of-31 (.548) and the Nets 18-of-28 (.643). . . . Rumors abound the Nets will make a run at Kevin Garnett after his public comments about displeasure with T'Wolves moves. But sources both in New Jersey and Minnesota insist nothing would happen before the summer, if at all.

Nenad Krstic may start burning up the long distance lines between New Jersey and Eastern Europe now that he realizes he is on the NBA All-Star ballot. The NBA and the Nets announced the nominees this past week, but apparently Krstic, one of four New Jersey players on the ballot, didn't get the memo.

"I just [found] out," Krstic said before the Nets' morning workout yesterday, then joked that he intends to vote for himself. "I call all my friends from Serbia, 'Vote for me. You can vote for me on Internet.' I'll call everyone in Serbia."

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
Nenad Krstic may start burning up the long distance lines between New Jersey and Eastern Europe now that he realizes he is on the NBA All-Star ballot. The NBA and the Nets announced the nominees this past week, but apparently Krstic, one of four New Jersey players on the ballot, didn't get the memo.

"I just [found] out," Krstic said before the Nets' morning workout yesterday, then joked that he intends to vote for himself. "I call all my friends from Serbia, 'Vote for me. You can vote for me on Internet.' I'll call everyone in Serbia

Good Stuff, although I thought he said it didnt matter to him.

·
Registered
525 Posts
No offense to Collins but with him being inactive Linton might get some quality minutes, hopefully. I've just about lost all hope for Wright

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:

Good Stuff, although I thought he said it didnt matter to him.
His reaction on the pregame was priceless.

They interviewed him and he had no idea he was on the ballot. He kind of double took (after he figured out what they were talking about).

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Those aren't juicy KG rumors!

-Petey

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Petey said:
Those aren't juicy KG rumors!

-Petey
I dunno about that. What is good about it is that the organizations have at least been discussing a deal and are not afraid to publicly admit it. But if it is the cost of RJ and Vince, we better be getting KG, and Szczerbiak. But at least a deal is in the works.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Gmister said:
No offense to Collins but with him being inactive Linton might get some quality minutes, hopefully. I've just about lost all hope for Wright
whys that? you know if twin is out another big will take his place, in this case linton. i can see people thinking wright must suck to be on the IL over murray who is getting no PT at all, but you know frank. he rather have a vet on his bench whos been in the league and has done some things during his career. really for antoine to get on the active roster and get some PT he has to play like an allstar for coach to play him. the other only way is if murray takes himself off the actice roster by being unhappy and not playing hard/well in practice and antoine keeps improving. with our bench starting to play very well now, you know frank wont change it up unless if an injury, like collins, forces him too. even if wright got on the active roster for lets say murray, zoran is playing great and wont be taken out, nor mcinnis,mjax,cliffy and now padgett is starting to give coach confidence to play him more. so wright would be riding the bench and only get PT if we are blowing a team out or we are getting blown out. i rather have wright on the bench because of those reasons because our bench is hot right now and it seems we wont be using murray for a while. but coach isnt a rookie friendly coach, so murray has to feel good about that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts