• Jason

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • They're twins... they're the same!

Votes: 4 16.0%

Collins vs. Collins

838 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Ezmo 
#1 ·
Who is better: Jarron or Jason?

I've seen Jason Collins a lot, because he's seen so much play in the playoffs recently; I've barely seen Jarron at all, but I watched the Jazz the other day and I was really impressed with him.

He looked quicker and more energetic than Jason Collins, who is so heavy-footed... Jarron had a very nice looking jumpshot, better than Jason's I thought, and to my amazement he put the ball on the floor and drove strong to the hoop from 18 feet out! I've never seen Jason Collins do anything like that.

Jarron's field goal percentage is also much better than Jason's this season, 46% vs. 41%.

I think I would rather have Jarron Collins.

#2 ·
I always thought Jarron was better, it was absurd to see him drafted a full round's worth of spots behind his brother!

#6 ·
Well, after their rookie campaigns most people were saying Jarron was the better of the two. Since then, Jarron blew out his knee and gained about 20 pounds. I assume you are talking about the game against Dallas, Nevus, in which he was being guarded by Nowitzki and did have a couple of nice plays on him..

It's actually kind of interesting, statistically speaking, if you look at Jarron's year 1,2,3 versus Jason's 3,2,1.

#9 ·
Originally posted by <b>chapi</b>!

haha look at the poll results.

u wrong again
It's either because they didn't bother to look at the poll options, or they like Jarron and hate Jason, or their simply all Jazz fans. There is no logical reason by far that anyone can state on why Jason is inferior considering his experience in the NBA and ultimately, his more productive game.

#10 ·
This is interesting. Coming out of high school Jarron was rated higher than Jason. then out of college it was reversed. So far Jarron has statistically been slightly better during his pro career. I think the true test will be next season when Jarron is back fully from his injury.

#11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Jockrider</b>!
This is interesting. Coming out of high school Jarron was rated higher than Jason. then out of college it was reversed. So far Jarron has statistically been slightly better during his pro career. I think the true test will be next season when Jarron is back fully from his injury.
Holla therealdeal!

You're surely willing to create controversy with all your posts, specfically with this post as one of them.

If you want to argue statistics, ATLEAST BOTHER TO LOOK AT BOTH PLAYER'S.

Jarron's PPG career average is .3 higher more than Jason, obviously because he's played 66 games more less, which means Jason's PPG stat is more vulnerable in terms of going up and down more frequently than Jarron's, in the twin's case.

Also, Jason beats Jarron in every other category with the exception of fouls and turnovers.
Aside the statistics, Jason has been more successful and productive; answering the thread's question.

I have never proven someone wrong more easier than you.

#12 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

Holla therealdeal!

You're surely willing to create controversy with all your posts, specfically with this post as one of them.

If you want to argue statistics, ATLEAST BOTHER TO LOOK AT BOTH PLAYER'S.

Jarron's PPG career average is .3 higher more than Jason, obviously because he's played 66 games more less, which means Jason's PPG stat is more vulnerable in terms of going up and down more frequently than Jarron's, in the twin's case.

Also, Jason beats Jarron in every other category with the exception of fouls and turnovers.
Aside the statistics, Jason has been more successful and productive; answering the thread's question.

I have never proven someone wrong more easier than you.
Jason shots 41%. Any center that shots at that low of clip will not be in the league for too long. Jarron shots at 46% which not great is alot more repectable than Jason's percentage. I'd say Jarron is a lot more efficent than Jason is.

#13 ·
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!

Jason shots 41%. Any center that shots at that low of clip will not be in the league for too long. Jarron shots at 46% which not great is alot more repectable than Jason's percentage. I'd say Jarron is a lot more efficent than Jason is.
Again, Jason Collins has played more games, and his field goal percentage would be more vulnerable.

I also strongly believe that Jason has played against tougher oppositions, since he starts while Jarron doesn't which translates to tougher shots

#15 ·
Nevus, I'm not going to say this because I "hate" you (which I don't).
This isn't a well-thought out poll. A 100 out of a 100 people would prefer Jason
Not a well-thought-out poll? It's not very complicated... they're brothers, neither is all that great, so which one would you take? And obviously your second point is just incorrect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.