Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Pargo get more minutes?

These are the per 48 numbers for the last seven games of each player down the stretch.

The troubling number for Pargo is the high number of turnovers although his assist to turnover ratio is 2.1:1.

Suprisingly, Pargo has taken over Ben's role somewhat during his struggles. It's nice to have two guys with instant O in case one isn't clicking. And look K4E, we don't even have to have a thread suggesting Pargo could replace Gordon (see K4E Duhon could replace Hinrich). :biggrin:

Equally surprising were Ben's numbers which INCLUDE his season highs in points and free throws...35-points in 23 minutes and the game where he had 13 free throws including 4 techs and 4 in the last minute to seal the margin.

I think a case can clearly be made that Pargo deserves a little more of everybodies minutes.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
The stat most surprising to me was Hinrich's rebounding per 48 minutes is way down.

Chandler has been stepping up (stealing Hinrich's rebounds as we like to say), but this could be an indicator that Hinrich's hamstring is not full strength.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over a seven game sample, Hinrich really gets hurt by the Miami game where he didn't produce ANY stats at all.

Everybody has their good and bad games, but Pargo has really stepped up especially after being buried on the bench.

Hinrich and Duhon are still the best defenders of the four (not really close), but should Pargo get more of Duhon's minutes right now? Let Hinrich play the 1/2 for even more of the game while teamed with Gordon and Pargo. Without Eddy, it sure doesn't hurt to have a little more offense. Without Eddy AND Othella there has been a lot less need to feed the post which is one of Duhon's strengths. How much do you value Duhon's PG skills and defense compared to his shooting woes and what that means to his backcourt mate?

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
I still like Pargo in when we're down, and Duhon in when we are tied and ahead.

I'm assuming you are meaning when everyone is healthy and rearing to go, Pargo should not be seeing those DNP-coach decision that we saw in the past.

Yes, Pargo has definately stepped up his game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts