Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh yea Chuky got that right. Get ready to be traded chuky. lol

Another player who does not like Kobe. Never heard of that before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are some Snippets from the article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...eadlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=3&cset=true

<quote>
Atkins Takes His Shot
He derogatorily refers to Bryant as 'GM' before Lakers' eighth straight loss, 96-89 to 76ers

The fissures in the Laker locker room continue to deepen amid an increase in irritated voices, the latest belonging to point guard Chucky Atkins.

Hours before Staples Center was dominated by boos in the final seconds of the Lakers' eighth consecutive loss, 96-89 to the Philadelphia 76ers before 18,347 Sunday, Atkins critically referred to Bryant as the team's general manager.

"I ain't the GM of this team," he said. "Kobe's the GM of this team. Ask Kobe. You've been watching this [stuff] all year. You've been watching it and I've been playing in it."

Atkins has been bothered by the number of shots Bryant takes and gets irritated when Bryant criticizes him in private for faulty defense, team sources said.

Bryant did not sense a permanent rift with Atkins.

"He'll just work through it," he said. "He'll be fine. That's my boy, so I'll look out for him, make sure he stays confident, make sure he stays aggressive."
</quote>

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
maybe if Chucky would actually play defense, Kobe wouldn't criticize it. Then again, if both of them played better defense, the Lakers probably wouldn;t lose as much either... :(

·
Registered
726 Posts
This is where they are missing Phil Jackson. There's nobody to smoothen the cracks between the egos of all of their players.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Damn, LA is going down the drain. :(

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
CrazyBalla said:
Bryant did not sense a permanent rift with Atkins.

"He'll just work through it," he said. "He'll be fine. That's my boy, so I'll look out for him, make sure he stays confident, make sure he stays aggressive."
</quote>
Who the hell does Kobe think he is? Does he know saying that about someone that is pissed off at you is just not right? It's **** like that that pisses teammates and people around him off.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Also would you Miami jockriders please stop making threads about Lakers. There is no rivalry, come back when your franchise actually wins a title. You don't see Laker fans making threads everyday about how Shaq or Wade in the general forums.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My god. Chucky's just asking to be traded.

·
Registered
785 Posts
KennethTo said:
Also would you Miami jockriders please stop making threads about Lakers. There is no rivalry, come back when your franchise actually wins a title. You don't see Laker fans making threads everyday about how Shaq or Wade in the general forums.
:boohoo:

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
KennethTo said:

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I would be running my mouth too if I could get out of LA right now....I would talk about Kobe, his mom, his wife, his dog.....just get me out of there

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Vermillion said:
My god. Chucky's just asking to be traded.
Midnight_Marauder said:
I would be running my mouth too if I could get out of LA right now....I would talk about Kobe, his mom, his wife, his dog.....just get me out of there
I guess you guys didn't read this part: :whatever:

Atkins, with his fourth team in six seasons, said he hoped to return to the Lakers next season instead of being traded during the off-season, mindful of a summer that could lead to roster changes.

"I would love to come back," he said. "We're struggling, but it ain't going to be like this forever."

·
Registered
394 Posts
Now Kobe has another person to blame for all his "woes". Chuckie Atkins just found a way to get traded/released by the Lakers. The same way Shaq, Phil, and Karl did.

I don't think anything negative that is Kobe related to Kobe will ever be Kobe's fault in the eyes of Kobe, Buss, Mitch, and all the Kobe riders. First it was Shaq and Phil; then it was Denver; after that, it was Karl and his hunting practices; now it's Chuckie Atkins and his thoughts of who is actually Laker GM. :biggrin:

Can I at least get some sort of responsibility from Kobe and his crew? Or will Chuckie be the next person kicked out of Kobe's sight because he said something negative about "the great" Kobe Bryant. :clown:

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
Now Kobe has another person to blame for all his "woes". Chuckie Atkins just found a way to get traded/released by the Lakers. The same way Shaq, Phil, and Karl did.

I don't think anything negative that is Kobe related to Kobe will ever be Kobe's fault in the eyes of Kobe, Buss, Mitch, and all the Kobe riders. First it was Shaq and Phil; then it was Denver; after that, it was Karl and his hunting practices; now it's Chuckie Atkins and his thoughts of who is actually Laker GM. :biggrin:

Can I at least get some sort of responsibility from Kobe and his crew? Or will Chuckie be the next person kicked out of Kobe's sight because he said something negative about "the great" Kobe Bryant. :clown:
If Chucky gets traded (which he says he doesn't want to be), it will be because he can't play defense, not because he made a negative comment about Kobe.

·
Registered
394 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
If Chucky gets traded (which he says he doesn't want to be), it will be because he can't play defense, not because he made a negative comment about Kobe.
Then you better trade the entire Laker team, because none of them aren't playing any defense either. At least Chuckie has been making some shots.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
I guess you guys didn't read this part: :whatever:

Atkins, with his fourth team in six seasons, said he hoped to return to the Lakers next season instead of being traded during the off-season, mindful of a summer that could lead to roster changes.

"I would love to come back," he said. "We're struggling, but it ain't going to be like this forever."

I guess you didnt notice you had to register to read that article...I am not going to register to read one damn article.....I only read what was posted jerky..and what was posted sounded like he is wanting out.....I think you need a hug

1 - 20 of 146 Posts