Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Brent Barry rumors and the ones from before on Marko Jaric it seems that Paxson is looking for a very specific type player. Someone with enough size to play both backcourt positions, a good shooter and ballhandler, who is an aggressive defender. Who else is next in the Paxson wishlist? Jiri Welsch? Jon Barry?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think those are the only guys he is after.

But we don't know the concept of these rumors.

Is Pax willing to bring Jaric/Barry to be backups of Kirk and Jamal or to give them the starting role???if it's the later I think Jamal could be on his way out.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
But would either of those guys start over Kirk or Jamal? Maybe in the very short-term, but I don't see it as realistic in the longer term. We're just looking for a longer-term sixth man type and a guy who could ideally play the 3 in a smaller lineup as well.

That's not going to turn our season around, but it might fill a role we need to fill over the next several years. And given that we're just trying to fill that role by giving away guys we don't want anyway, I think it's probably realistically the best we can hope to do.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Acquiring Barry now would be a really smart move.

If Pax is looking to give them Crawford he would definetley take back Ronal Murray...

But it's still two weeks before the deadline...Damn I wonna see some changes

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
That's not going to turn our season around, but it might fill a role we need to fill over the next several years. And given that we're just trying to fill that role by giving away guys we don't want anyway, I think it's probably realistically the best we can hope to do.
:yes:

Every move Pax makes now,if he makes ,will be focusing on next seasons plans...

Unless we put on a 12 game winning streak and Boston seems to be crumbling....this season is 99.95 %over..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts