Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draft has provided some increased activity for the Hawks and Bobcats forums and the Magic and Wizard forums have people looking to respond to threads. The Heat are still basking in the afterglow. With all of this activity or near activity, I believe it is important to start PMing our posters to make sure they stay interested.

For example, with the Hawks roll call thread, are you PMing the people that respond? Also, in the Bobcats forum, I saw that there was a new poster Charlotte recognized from realgm. PM him and give him an introduction and welcome to bbb.net.

Now is a great time to survey our posters and find out what suggestions they have for the forum. We are trying to build these communities for them and us, so lets make them feel like part of the process.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I do my thing with recruiting and getting new posters every so often...so I dont see the worries about that forum.

As for the other forums, just keep working and putting effort...fans will recognize the effort and return with more activity.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shaq_Diesel said:
I do my thing with recruiting and getting new posters every so often...so I dont see the worries about that forum.

As for the other forums, just keep working and putting effort...fans will recognize the effort and return with more activity.
Yes, I know you do your thing and did I say I was worried?

As far as effort, in addition to working to put up threads and posts, we also need to add a personal touch to our efforts. Trust me, little things like PMing users and talking with them on AIM really build a sense of community and keep people coming back and posting.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I'll try PMing some of the Hawks posters, about what they think could be improved or whatever. I don't really know.

One of the new Hawks posters, KB21, was one of the regular posters on another popular Hawks network. But he seems to have ditched that site completely, and started posting more on BBB.net.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheATLien said:
I'll try PMing some of the Hawks posters, about what they think could be improved or whatever. I don't really know.

One of the new Hawks posters, KB21, was one of the regular posters on another popular Hawks network. But he seems to have ditched that site completely, and started posting more on BBB.net.
Yeah with him and o.iatlhawksfan you've got two solid posters that you can build from. Granted o.iatlhawksfan is still a bit immature, but he seems to love to talk about the Hawks.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
No problem cpawfan, i will now do this to the new posters and even to some who stop by occasionally.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Unfortunately life does not permit the type of time I would usually spend posting and trying to keep things active. Another mod in the Magic forum that can be more active would be a good idea although I don't know who that might be. Since hobojoe stepped down there isn't really anyone else that is that active. Lachlanwood would probably be good but he is not that active and also not a supporting member.

I won't be doing much recruiting per se. I am planning on working on an independent project working on an Orlando related site. If I can get that going and do some of the things I am planning, that will be a better recruiting tool than I could ever be.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JNice said:
Unfortunately life does not permit the type of time I would usually spend posting and trying to keep things active. Another mod in the Magic forum that can be more active would be a good idea although I don't know who that might be. Since hobojoe stepped down there isn't really anyone else that is that active. Lachlanwood would probably be good but he is not that active and also not a supporting member.

I won't be doing much recruiting per se. I am planning on working on an independent project working on an Orlando related site. If I can get that going and do some of the things I am planning, that will be a better recruiting tool than I could ever be.
I fully understand your time constraints and I think your web site project would be great.

I like the idea of adding another mod. In addition to Lachlanwood32, what is your opinion of ralaw?

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
cpawfan said:
I fully understand your time constraints and I think your web site project would be great.

I like the idea of adding another mod. In addition to Lachlanwood32, what is your opinion of ralaw?
ralaw is a good poster from what ive seen. hes active and a SM. if hes interested in becoming a mod ill vote 'yes'

as for the recruiting part, ill try my best, but ive been really busy with work and school.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cpawfan said:

Quick update on this. I talked with Lachlanwood32 via PM and he is interested in becoming a mod and has no problem with becoming an SM. I'm going to put him up for nomination.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts