Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 474 Posts

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I think we have enough fans to do this, finally! I'll make this a sticky for the summer and we will get to know the people in our little community a little better. So, if you are a fan of the Pistons let your pride be heard in this thread...

<b>Who's your favorite current Piston?

Who's your favorite all-time Piston?

Of all-time, which is your favorite Pistons team?

and...

Roughly, how long have you been a fan of the team?</b>

My answers:

Current Piston: Ben Wallace

All-time Piston: Joe Dumars

All-time team: 89-90 got me totally addicted, but I think last year's team will always have a place in my heart.

How long: I've bleed Piston blue since I was born, and the color definately didn't change to teal...that's for sure :)

Also, this thread can be used as a BBQ of sorts. In that I mean there is no need to stay on topic, talk about whatever you want... It doesn't need to be basketball related, it's just a place where Piston fans can communicate with each other (obviously keeping it clean, but I doubt there would be any sort of problem with the group we have here ;) )

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Ben Wallace,Dennis Rodman,89-90,Since the mid 80's.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Re: Pistons Fan Roll Call

1) prolly the big nasty but barry, wallace and curry are close seconds

2) Isiah Thomas - no explanation needed

3) Ill go with the 88 team (I believe) that was the year we finally beat the celtics with kevin mchale shaking Isiah hand at the end. That team would have won the title if it weren't for the phantom call on laimbeer at the end of game 6 oh and isiah playing with one leg in game 7.

4) Ever since my dad took me to games back when they played in the silverdome that was crazy with all the people and it being like 150 degrees in there.

·
#1 Detroit & Wolverines Fan
108 Posts
1. Ben or Curry I like Curry alot cause he knows the game well and he's a real leader....He may not be the best but sure is a hell of a defender.

2. Isiah Thomas or Grant Hill (sorry! Hill was my fav growing up:p but i've always liked the whole team everyone who's ever put on a Pistons jersey)

3. OF COARSE 89-90! But 2002 season was sure a great one!

4. Well I'm a youngin......im almost 16....but i always liked them but i never was upessed with them till i was about 9 and Grant HIll was my fav.....so i've always liked them since on.....but this past season was the 1st season i really watched them......im more of football guy....

P.S......in a few years.....look for somone with "wick" in the last name at Universty of Michigan in a few years......and that'll be me:grinning: ;) and then the NFL!!!! ;)

Reactions: DetBNyce

·
Registered
335 Posts
My$ .02

my favoite current piston is the one in my avatar

Joe Dumars for all-time

1988-1989 team cause mahorn was still around

I have been a fan all my life

Reactions: DetBNyce

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Ben Wallace

2. Isiah Thomas (but I have to mention Dave Bing, who was a monster back in the day)

3. The 1987-88 team -- because it finally cleared the infamous Celtics hurdle and because of the incredible performance of a one-legged Zeke in Game 6 of the finals against the Lakers. And because of Ricky's incredibly sinister smile when he knew he had gotten away with one. Bad Boys for real.

4. For as long as I can remember -- and that's a mighty long time. Goes back to Bing, Jimmy Walker, Bob Lanier -- before regularly televised games.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Bruno the Questionable
Ben Wallace,Dennis Rodman,89-90,Since the mid 80's.
Did you remain a fan of Rodman after he went goofy? He was also one of my favorites when he was on the Pistons (and normal) but then something happened to him...

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't know if it is true or not but I once heard that it was chuck daly that was able to keep rodman on track. Once daly left and rodman traded he strated acting weird

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I still had some respect for Dennis after he went goofy,to each his own.But I prefer to think of him as that big enthusiatic kid that he was when he was a Piston.Dennis grew up in a poor one parent home in Dallas.Chuck was the only father figure he's ever really known.Dennis would run through a wall of fire for him if asked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my favs

Current- Chucky Atkins I love it when he is hot and just starts bombing the 3's wish he was more consistent though

Past- Joe Dumars, he is the reason I am a pistons fan

I started watching in the 89 season when i was 9 years old

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: my favs

Originally posted by pistons_ecchamp
Current- Chucky Atkins I love it when he is hot and just starts bombing the 3's wish he was more consistent though

Past- Joe Dumars, he is the reason I am a pistons fan

I started watching in the 89 season when i was 9 years old
Chucky is going to be very, very valuable coming off the bench. He will be one of the top 5 back-up point guards in the league. I can't wait to watch him come in and start stroking the threes...

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Current Piston: Jerry Stackhouse and Corliss Williamson. I still like Stack even after that horrible playoff performance in which he played bad, but so did everyone else. Corliss because this guy can score at just about anytime.

All-time Piston: Joe Dumars

All-time team: 2002 team. Back to Back teams, even though I was a little young at the time (8 yrs old), I liked the way they handled their business on the court.

How long: Ever since I have been old enough to know what's going on on the court.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since it's going slow and I'm sure we've got many Lions fans in here...

What do you think of Joey Harrington? Do you think he will start at all this year or is McMahon the quarterback for the full year? With these two young guys, I hope we hit it somewhere, one of them should turn out good. Atleast, I'm hoping one of 'em turns out.

Harrington signing story:

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0723/1408929.html

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Originally posted by jvanbusk
Since it's going slow and I'm sure we've got many Lions fans in here...

What do you think of Joey Harrington? Do you think he will start at all this year or is McMahon the quarterback for the full year? With these two young guys, I hope we hit it somewhere, one of them should turn out good. Atleast, I'm hoping one of 'em turns out.

Harrington signing story:

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0723/1408929.html
I personally thought they should have taken a defensive player (maybe quientin jammer) just because I think McMahon could be the long term answer. I assume McMahon will start the season and unless they really start off bad which is a possiblilty we prolly will not see harrington till the end of the season. My question is how many games do you think marty has to win to save his job? I think he needs to win about 6.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Brian

I personally thought they should have taken a defensive player (maybe quientin jammer) just because I think McMahon could be the long term answer. I assume McMahon will start the season and unless they really start off bad which is a possiblilty we prolly will not see harrington till the end of the season. My question is how many games do you think marty has to win to save his job? I think he needs to win about 6.
I definately don't think a 2-14 season will be acceptable this year. They've had a year to get some of the players they 'like', with speed. Anywhere from 5-11 on up I think he's ok. I think he's got great job security though. I wanted Peppers or Jammer at the time as well, but I've warmed up to Joey. He really seems like a great guy. If McMahon isn't able to cut it, atleast we know we have another guy that can. Quarterback went from one of our worst weaknesses last year to one of our very promising positions. I just hope it's not another Andre Ware/Chuck Long/Eric Hipple situation.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I know this isn't about the Pistons-but since you started to talk about the Lions...You guys are really lucky that you got Luke Staley in the 7th round. He was the Doak Walker award winner(best RB) last year!. I know he has had some injuries-but he is still a major steal. I watched him a lot when he was in college and can tell you he is good. He is strong-fast-with good hands and he can block.-The only knock on him is his injuries.-But this guy is a touchdown machine!

Good luck to the Lions

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt
I know this isn't about the Pistons-but since you started to talk about the Lions...You guys are really lucky that you got Luke Staley in the 7th round. He was the Doak Walker award winner(best RB) last year!. I know he has had some injuries-but he is still a major steal. I watched him a lot when he was in college and can tell you he is good. He is strong-fast-with good hands and he can block.-The only knock on him is his injuries.-But this guy is a touchdown machine!

Good luck to the Lions
I honestly think the guy could have been a steal in the 5th or 6th round, let alone the 7th. Great pick in my book, hopefully the knee injury he has isn't too serious and he can possibly win the 3rd down running back role.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey

I say 4-12 5-11 at best

I don't want them to sneak up and win any games they don't have to. they need at least a couple more drafts to get back to so- so level and why slip a surprise 9-7 in there?

and they still need D- backs..... badly. watch when minnesota come to town. Or green bay. or chicago. anybody with big recievers . There's a 60 yard bomb:uhoh: I don't trust their LB corps. too many question marks:

·
Registered
335 Posts
About Harring ton

Ware hipple or long don't have the pedigree that Joey does (Now keep in mine I wanted jammer here cause the secondary is so beat up. The bright side is jammer is holding out in san diego ..and he probably would have done so here too)

yes I know you are saying "well Ware was a heisman trophy winner in a passing offense" yeah they basically played 'everybody go long like when you played touch football in the street' style. Ware never had to actually read many coveragesplus when Houston played a real team ( a Nebraska or Miami) It got beaten like stepchildren. Long played at a running school in a running offense with a butter noodle arm. (hipple didn't have a gun either and he really wasn't reguarded that highly)
Harrington actually played in a highly respected football conference in a pro ( not gimmicked trick play) offense

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Curse of Bobby Layne.............

Hopefully this ends soon. I don't care if it's McMahon, Harrington, or even Dreisbach, this city has suffered long enough.

1 - 20 of 474 Posts