Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are the competent ball players on the Bulls? The ones that seem to know how a ball game should flow etc.

Here is what I compiled.

Competent

-Luol Deng
-Ben Gordon
-Kirk Hinrich
-Andres Nocioni
-Eric Piatowski
-Jannero Pargo
-Darius Songaila
-Malik Allen

Semi Competent

-Chris Duhon: Overall pretty competant, but he goes in spurts where he just prances around the court, which wastes time and usually results in a turnover.
-Michael Sweetney: Can put the ball in the hole, amkes some questionable moves on defense.
-Othella Harrington: Poor offensive moves, slow reaction stime to go after the ball.

Incompetent

-Tyson Chandler: Has no idea how to go up strong, makes stupid fouls, doesn't help the team in any way on offense, and can even be a liability at his strong spot, defense.
-Luke Schenscher: Hate to berate the kid, because he's 110% effort, but he is way too akward on defense, and too slow moving/thinking on defense. But the kid can rebound, and block, and does some good things with his hustle, and has improved greatly since his first week.

My conclusion from this, is that our core of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni is in pretty good shape, and vets like Pargo, Pike help, and Duhon a bit too. But we don't have any competent big men really, and others that are somewhat competent don't play, so its like we are playing 3 on 5, unless Nocioni is playing the 4. Its disgusting really.

· Premium Member
4,882 Posts
So you're saying we need big men?

I'm writing that down. That's worth knowing, that.

:raised_ey

Additionally, be easy on old Lucas there. It's not easy to learn an team's entire offensive and defensive repetoire in a fortnight.

· Registered
2,148 Posts
sloth said:
Who are the competent ball players on the Bulls? The ones that seem to know how a ball game should flow etc.

Here is what I compiled.

Competent

-Luol Deng
-Ben Gordon
-Kirk Hinrich
-Andres Nocioni
-Eric Piatowski
-Jannero Pargo
-Darius Songaila
-Malik Allen

Semi Competent

-Chris Duhon: Overall pretty competant, but he goes in spurts where he just prances around the court, which wastes time and usually results in a turnover.
-Michael Sweetney: Can put the ball in the hole, amkes some questionable moves on defense.
-Othella Harrington: Poor offensive moves, slow reaction stime to go after the ball.

Incompetent

-Tyson Chandler: Has no idea how to go up strong, makes stupid fouls, doesn't help the team in any way on offense, and can even be a liability at his strong spot, defense.
-Luke Schenscher: Hate to berate the kid, because he's 110% effort, but he is way too akward on defense, and too slow moving/thinking on defense. But the kid can rebound, and block, and does some good things with his hustle, and has improved greatly since his first week.

My conclusion from this, is that our core of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni is in pretty good shape, and vets like Pargo, Pike help, and Duhon a bit too. But we don't have any competent big men really, and others that are somewhat competent don't play, so its like we are playing 3 on 5, unless Nocioni is playing the 4. Its disgusting really.
Pike and Pargo over Duhon? Really?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.